Sign in to follow this  
mix237

Ezrun 32t Brushless Crawler System

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the ezrun BL crawler system? Is it any good? Any info would be very helpful as i'm contemplating whether to get one for my CC01 or not.

Thanks.

mix

I've got one, and the main criticism is that the motor cogs/stutters at low speeds - It makes the truck look like it's shivering :)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...8620&id=169

In the end I kept the ESC and replaced the motor with a small outrunner which doesn't cog at all

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...9603&id=169

If you're going to do any crawling (as opposed to bashing around the yard with a crawler) I'd personally suggest you look at other options.

I have this exact system in my Tamiya CR-01 Landcruiser. If you are going to use your truck for "true crawling" a sensorless brushless system is not the way to go. The 32T crawler system is also a 380 sized motor in a 540 sized can. The CR-01 is heavy and this combined with the fact that it is a very low geared truck made for some quite slow wheel speeds. I know the CR-01 is not suppoed to be fast, but it was quite disappointing. Luckily the ESC that comes with the EZ Run 32T system does allow you to run 3S Lipo (11.1V) so by making that change, I got a lot more wheel speed. If your goal is to build a truck that you can run over some piles of rocks and up/down various trails with roots etc. the EZ Run system is great. If you are wanting to do some serious competition style crawling, as Twinset says, looks elsewhere. It's hard to beat for the price though and the included programming card is simple to use and allows you to change settings easily.

Mark