Toyranosaur

Hilux Body, Old & New, Question

Hello chaps: I need to know something about the original Hilux vs. the current version. I'm making some styrene topper/cap kits (Snugtop-style) for the new Hilux, and made it to fit the new one like a glove. I have a customer who would like one for his original Hilux, and he asked me if they were the same dimensions. I do not have access to an original, so would appreciate it if someone could tell me if the length & width of the bed are exactly the same, as well as the cab profile & height. I figure someone has both here if anywhere! Thanks so much, Chris

Hello chaps: I need to know something about the original Hilux vs. the current version. I'm making some styrene topper/cap kits (Snugtop-style) for the new Hilux, and made it to fit the new one like a glove. I have a customer who would like one for his original Hilux, and he asked me if they were the same dimensions. I do not have access to an original, so would appreciate it if someone could tell me if the length & width of the bed are exactly the same, as well as the cab profile & height. I figure someone has both here if anywhere! Thanks so much, Chris

New Highlift Hilux and Mountaineer have the same bed. But first generation Hilux (58028) has totally different bed.