Sign in to follow this  
Tamiya Cowboy

Ih 9670 Trailer Toter

Well here is a project I started about 8 months ago after seeing a really nice looking IH 9600 Toter at the flying J so I wanted to build one but since I did not have any picks I did not get too far on the build at the time but a rolling frame and a shorten body. Well after tons of Ball Busting by dear old Dad aka Freddy and seeing Izzy's toter and I also started doing some repair work for a local moble home company this week and got to look over there 4 Fords really close I started into it again. After changing the length of the frame 3 times in one week and MORE Ball Busting by DAD for picks last night and today I got it right I think.

So here is were I ended up late last night..

016.jpg

017.jpg

So now I think I am finally were I need to be to get the look right so I started on the bed of the Toter..

018.jpg

Next the back wall and the locker under the tire rack.

019.jpg

023-1.jpg

Next the sides out of .80 and the locker door.

024-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

Here is a shot of the C Channel I used to make the side stronger.

030-1.jpg

Another shot of the the back with the tread plate on the bed and a hunk of brass C Channel.

032-1.jpg

Other side done.

031-1.jpg

Now the cab is lowered and I also cut down the stock stack and took a stock tank and removed the top step off the tank and mounted them. And in the bed added the 2 lower supports that make the frame stronger for the pogo stick i am going to try to make work. So here is were I finished tonight..

033.jpg

036-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

Now I have to do the tank and the stack for the other side tomorrow but let me know what you think...

Nice! So you are running a couple of custom projects together? Wish I had the time. Very inspirational though.

Nice! So you are running a couple of custom projects together? Wish I had the time. Very inspirational though.

Thanks Much.. Yes I build a few at once I have 3 others going right now also whit a 6th in my mind and getting parts together for it..

Ok I got some of the trim work done today you can see here

Before

033.jpg

After..Now it matches the bottom of the cab I also trimmed it out around the top of the sides edge.

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Also I copyed the way the mirrors were mounted in a pick of a real one and I made them out of brass and they slide out to a width of 16 inches..

In..

005-2.jpg

Out..

006-2.jpg

Now I was working on the lift hitch for the back tonight BUT I burnt up my old Dremel cutting some Alum so I am stopped for the night till I get a new one tomorrow but I plan on having the lift hitch done this weekend..

I am withholding my comments until is completed ;)

Ok so last night and today I got the pogo stick finished. I got the winch all set in the truck and I ran the cable threw break line to the back of the truck then up and over to a brass pulley. I ran it on a dead 6 cell pack and it has enuff power to lift the nose off the ground so it works real well I am trying to down load my video off my Black Berry but is not working to well..:mad: I also made a mount for the R2 tranny and mounted it and the steering servo so not some more details and so minor body work and it will be ready for paint I am trying to have it done for the club meet in a few weeks..

Top view of the winch you can see the break line.

002-4.jpg

Under Side you can see the break line and the brass clamps i made to hold it in place.

003-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

The finished Derlin hitch and ball.

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg