Sign in to follow this  
BeetleLover

Super Champ Gearbox Interchangeable With Rere Ss One?

Hiya, I'm without my cars around me so I can't work this one out for myself :) I have some Super Champ parts and I'd like to assemble a tidy one with the help of some rere Scorcher parts yet to be gotten hold of. Can I interchange a complete SS gearbox onto the Superchamp's chassis plate etc and expect the original SC Suspension Arms and single damper suspension to all fit etc?

Thanks for you help in advance, kind regards

James

BeetleLover :unsure:

It should be ok but you'll need to drill holes for the posts that the upper deck rests on. Everything else should fit fine. I've been planning to do this to a Buggy Champ gearbox for a while now but just haven't gotten around to doing it. I'd bought a Super Champ gearbox for a project but the rear bumper mount point was really badly messed up. The previous owner, or one of them, had threaded it then drilled it out and tapped it for larger screw which appear to have been threaded some more and then the screws were replaced with bolts... oh the horrors I find! :unsure:

It's not a direct fit. you will need to enlarge the rear suspension arm mount holes. The shaft for the rear shock on the SC is larger than the pin used on the SS