Sign in to follow this  
BillMill

Tamiya Tires On Hpi Wheels

They'll fit, but not as intended.

Medium-narrow is Tamiya speak for 24mm width (current racing standard).

The HPI wheels are 26mm wide (slighty different width from the old days that is still used on some non-racing kits)

Youll get a little bit of that euro-look that seems popular in VWs nowadays (not a fan of it myself and has safety implications too!).

No they won't you need to match the width of the tires and the rims for it to fit perfectly together.

24mm tires to 24mm rims.

or

26mm tires to 26mm rims.

also, tamiya tires have poor traction in cement roads, i suggest you get tamiya rims and get hpi x pattern tires.

24mm tires on 26mm wheels work fine. Back in the days before spec tires in racing, people used to use 24mm tires on 26mm wheels to lessen the air pocket between the inserts and the tires. You get more even tire wear without the dreaded rings of death. They look cool too. 26mm tires on 24mm wheels dont work so well however.

I have those tires on HPI rims and they do fit fine, however not as perfect as 26mm tires

I think lots of the Tamiya wheels are actually 26mm wide anyways. All the ones not listed as "medium-narrow". I was just at the hobby shop today and compared some Beams integra wheels to HPI M3 26mm wheels. The bead width was exactly the same...