AndyjcClod

Etronix Pulse And A Teu-104bk

Hi All I have just bought a Etronix Pulse EX3GPro 2.4GHz Radio System and receiver.

I paired the device with no issues and have connected it to my Sand Scorcher.

The steering works perfectly but I can not get it to work with the acceleration.

I have followed the following steps..

Press ESC reset button for longer that .5 second

Lights flash on speed controller

Hold full acceleration on controller

Press button on ESC

Hold full reverse on controller

Press button on ESC

Lights on mr ESC stay flashing and controller does not do anything to the cars speed.

If I move the stick that says AUX to 0 on the controller the car goes to full speed forward and that is all (tracking does not stop or slow the car)

Any one got any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Its driving me nutts!

Make sure the throttle hold is switched off, and that it is set to 0% in the software.

Make sure that the ats is at zero and the atl is switched off as well.

Set the throttle epa`s at 120%. And maybe try an external rx battery, as the 104 doesnt give bec just a direct feed from the main battery. The Receivers input voltage is ISTR 4.8-5.6 volts. Allthough, I run mine at 6 volts.

If I move the stick that says AUX to 0 on the controller the car goes to full speed forward and that is all (tracking does not stop or slow the car)

Any one got any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Its driving me nutts!

you have the esc plugged into the wrong one!

the aux is the 3rd channel and is either off (0%) or on (100%).

double check your connections, you should have steering in the bottom one (where you put the link cable) and the one above is the esc, the one above is the aux, and the top one is for the battery (if you use it).

:P

also the aux is probably reversed in the settings, so when it is off it is on!

Hi All I just found out..

"The Core RC/Etronix 2.4GHz radio system are not compatible with the Tamiya TEU-104 ESC, the ESC behaves as if there is no signal being received"

Doh!

"The Core RC/Etronix 2.4GHz radio system are not compatible with the Tamiya TEU-104 ESC, the ESC behaves as if there is no signal being received"

Doh!

Apparently the core/etronix rx`s dont work with traxxas waterproof servo`s either.

Also one to remember, I have the Core - Code and tried to get the Etronix RX working with it. It does bind, but no servo`s or esc`s worked. Seems that there is a difference internally even tho they come out of the same factory.

Doh!

Not sure of the specification, but if the 104 is like the 101 it doesn't have a BEC.

Does the Core/Etronix receiver have a BEC - maybe this is why they don't work together. Too high input current into the receiver......????

:o

I have sent this item back as I couldn't even get forwards\backwards to work with a Modelsport UK Sniper RV-20 Auto

I have had the same problem this weekend. It worked for test on the bench them on the track is just dropped signal. Now it wont bind at all. I have tried it with several other esc and even on it's own using a small rx pack (as per manual) and still wont bind. Think its going back to be replaced.

The TEU-104BK would be supplying whatever voltage your pack is to the reciever. It does not have a built in BEC. If the reciever is not capable of handling 7.2v (or 7.4v with Li-Po) then it's going to fry the reciever (and maybe also the servos).

The TEU101 and TEU104 both requires a reciever with built in BEC. Both ESCs will beep with a 'no signal' warning if you attempt to use a reciever pack and not plug in the 2pin BATT wire.

i'd already ordered the same radio system before i saw this thread, so wasnt expecting much when i plugged it into a teu101, it works brill though. just hope i dont get a 104 in the wild willy im getting from my girlfriend for xmas!

strange as i have tried it with a 101 and a 104 and both dont work with it.

strange as i have tried it with a 101 and a 104 and both dont work with it.

I've used both the Core and Etronix labelled versions of the receiver with TEU-101BK ESCs in my own silver can race cars and our clubs loan race car with no problem at all. Never had a 104 to try though. This original problem sure sounds like the throttle hold switch above the steering stick is turned on. I've done that many times myself and wondered why I've got no throttle.

I bunged it in my hornet with its 104 earlier and it worked perfectly. Not tried it at any range yet but seems 100% working indoors. Gonna buy the wheel version and half a dozen rx units I think

I have the Core CR151 & it's working fine with my TEU101 in my race Mini. I have a second unit in my M06Pro with an EZRun brushless & that's fine too.

The TEU101 has no BEC so I'm using a Turnigy UBEC as the Core receivers (and presumably the Etronix too as they're basically identical) can only take 6v absolute max.

The TEU101 has no BEC so I'm using a Turnigy UBEC as the Core receivers (and presumably the Etronix too as they're basically identical) can only take 6v absolute max.

I never knew that - I've never looked into it either though - I've no idea of the specs of these devices but my experience of using TEU101BK ESCs and Core or Etronix receivers has been they work together quite happily at freshly charged 6 cell NiMh or 2 cell Lipo voltage. I've been racing with this set-up happily since the Core was first released, and our clubs loan car has the same set-up with the Etronix version and that seems fine too. Am I just lucky?

Richard

I guess you must be, that info was forwarded to me by Subsea after he emailed Schumacher UK, so I'm pretty certain it's correct.

Think maybe I'd better try and do some research. Though I've been using the same set up long enough now to have confidence in it. If I could find the manual surely it must specify the operating voltage of the receiver. Of course I've not read the manual. I just plugged everything in and away I went. But I'd hope that it would mention a need for an external BEC if needed. We can't be expected to guess the systems requirements.

Unfortunately a quick Google search just brings me back to this thread - looks like we are the knowledge on this issue!

Unfortunately a quick Google search just brings me back to this thread - looks like we are the knowledge on this issue!

Indeed. I tried all my Google-Fu to find info before I bought one, to no avail.

I'll have a look in my manual tonight, but I don't recall any mention of supply voltages (not that I read the manual in any great depth :rolleyes: )

Sorry to bump an old thread :wacko:

I have recently got an Etronix radio in a trade. I notice the manual says the rx will accept 4.5-5.5v.

Most of my ESC's feed 6.0v BEC - TEU-302BK, TEU-105BK. I note that this won't work with the old 101BK.

Other ESC's I have include a Novak XRS, a Yokomo ESC, and an old LRP ESC, these all claim to feed 5.0v to the ESC.

Will I be safe using those rated at 6.0v? Or should I try to stick to those above which feed 5.0v?

My experience is that the 2 channel ET1060 is fine with the 101, 104 and 105.

The 3 channel ET1115 doesn't feature a BEC though, so is fine on the TEU105 but cooks after a couple of runs on the 104.

The original 2 channel stick radio they did doesn't work with the 101, but the later ET1100 was updated to work OK with all the Tamiya units (specifically so, as it's a good value unit and CML had a lot of complaints that the original version wouldn't work with it)