cobalt

Hotshot Or Frog

Cant decide between the two...

They where both iconic models for me!

Its going to be used for some gentle bashing and as a shelfer..

a superstock tz motor is strongest i will put in it

any input would help

Go for the Hotshot, the build is a lot more fun than the Frog. You will be giving up some durability though.

Never had a frog, had a supershot when i was a kid, recently bought a re-re Hotshot and i am loving it.

Changed the front bumber and stabilizers for aluminium ones, ball raced and put a clash 21 motor in it.

And it is just slightly faster than my sons Madrat which is lighter and has the same motor

Old school is the best ;)

Definetly hotshot. Far better car. 4wd, double wishbone all round, easy mod to fit 8.4v battery. But I'm biased, I've got 3 ;)

I hate you guys youre going to make me spend extra $$$ to get the HS! :(;)

chants '' frog frog frog frog frog frog frog '' lol ..just about started it all for offroading for tamiya .. i have my 1983 original bought way bach then by me and one i bought for parts that was too good to waste so im restoring it to be a static shelf queen ..

hotshot for sure. tHis is coming from a frog owner...

arrgghhh traitor ! lol i had a hotsnot ages ago .. it was ok but too many fiddly bit by memory ..and if you though the frog was heavy !

I would get the Hotshot first because it's a more fun build, but honestly, I would get both. The Frog is great for what it is. Sure, it's got drive train issues (solved by aftermarket parts), but ask yourself this: in a few years, will you regret not spending an extra 150 dollars for a Frog? Most likely yes.

I would get the Hotshot first because it's a more fun build, but honestly, I would get both. The Frog is great for what it is. Sure, it's got drive train issues (solved by aftermarket parts), but ask yourself this: in a few years, will you regret not spending an extra 150 dollars for a Frog? Most likely yes.

I agree i would get both but you know how it is when you have a family... :huh:

Estetically i think the frog is abit better looking but theres something about the HS it looks so mean and mechanical will all its linkages!

One thing is the buggies must stay box stock!( no front HP suspension kit for HS or front shocks for the frog)

I think that buying vintage is a decision made with the heart and like the buggies as they are! :huh:

Do you enjoy building or running (or both)? The HotShot will take longer to build than the Frog.

I just built a HotShot recently and I have to say it was a really great build from start to finish.

Still need to build the Frog... maybe next year. I built a Brat last year (similar to Frog chassis) and it was also fun, but not as much as the HS.

Do you enjoy building or running (or both)? The HotShot will take longer to build than the Frog.

I just built a HotShot recently and I have to say it was a really great build from start to finish.

Still need to build the Frog... maybe next year. I built a Brat last year (similar to Frog chassis) and it was also fun, but not as much as the HS.

I enjoy both... i already own a durga for more extreme bashing (the building was abit bland tho)

But this time i want a beautiful buggy to build and to run and expose.

The hotshot, frog, hornet and grasshopper are the most iconic buggy/era for me so all of them have a very strong presence in my memories!

Hotshot. Without any doubt. I really like the Frog too. It's simplicity and somewhat stupidity are amazingly amusing. But building, watching and driving the Hotshot is a whole other experience.

I would say the hot shot. I have never built either of them from scratch. But I bought a second hand HS when i was a kid.

I was looking at a HS kit, but bought a supershot insteed. Tho my wife and I are building a Brat kit together so she can run it on the beach when i take my yet to be built scorcher out.

Oh, as im still away we have been building over MSN and skype... Makes for interesting fun..

Cheers,

Rob.

Both.

Well somebody had to say it :huh:

Seriously though if I had to make a choice it would be what type of car (2wd or 4wd) I would enjoy running more. For me it would be the Frog as I love 2wd.

I would also get enough radio gear to do a second car at the same time and get the Hotshot at a later date after some more saving.

Both cars are nice runners. Not enough for competition (even back in the 80's), but sure TONS of fun. The Frog is simple, perhaps a bit fragile. The Hot Shot is a nice one to build, runs great, and it's more resistant to hard use.

Anyway, I agree with bjr250: why don't you get both? It is also very probable that once you buy one, then you'll be ready to go back for more.

Best of luck!

EB

--

get the hotshot, then the frog. you really need both . . .