motocrosser

Vintage-tamiyaparts.com Problem

I made an order at vintage-tamiyaparts 4 days ago. Now I think it could be mistake for me making an order there.

Amount is payed though Mastercard via paypal. I got an paypal confimation email.

I did not got an confirmation email from the shop owner.

Ordered item is still in the basket, my account details say there is NO order.

Shop owner did not answer my emails. Perhaps he/she's ill, in holidays or don't want to answer?

At the paypal confirmation email there are two email adresses from the owner. I sent my question because of the order is not listed to this adresses.

One came back: Recipient address rejected: User unknown.

And there's no adresse or shop owner name at this website. It's like sending money to a ghost...

I made an Whois to this website, registar name is "Individual".

Time will see. I'm not amused.

Does anybody else have same experience?

Hi

Myles the owner of Vintage-Tamiyaparts.com is away on holiday and is back tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry too much I am sure you will get contacted as soon as he gets back :-)

T

I was ordering from them recently and I got this message from them on Oct 1:

"HI, im sorry we are on holiday until 6th October due to a family event, we will be happy to answer your query on our return."

I'm sure they will return your message tomorrow or the day after.

I've ordered a few things from them & never had a problem they will have a good reason for not replying im sure.

Right guys, i Just stepped out of the car after a nice 7.5hour drive, very tired :-(

Tariq (Timecmdr) called me while i was in my car on way back (with some 5 hours still to drive lol) so thanks to him (and the other guys who re-assured you) for posting replies.

Bottom line is had put a message on the Web shop (and ebay accounts and email accounts) to say we are on holiday and that ALL orders paid from 3pm friday 1st october to 11am 6th October, would ship on 6th October, however after scanning through the 400+ emails it looks like 2 people have not received the notification or missed it (both TC members too).

So now you should know whats happening ;-)

Both members who emailed have been PM'd this message.

Right im going unpacking the car, getting soemthing to eat and going to bed early, busy day tomorrow ;-)

Thanks

I wrote in first post that I see this order in my account. Sry thats wrong, I'm not english, sorry. I fixed it.

That's the problem. This order is NOT in my account under -orders made-.

And because of this I got nervous. No answers, ?no order made?...no owner adresse.

It' was the first time I made an order there.

Now I got an answer and I hope I get my order soon, too.

I wrote in first post that I see this order in my account. Sry thats wrong, I'm not english, sorry. I fixed it.

That's the problem. This order is NOT in my account under -orders made-.

And because of this I got nervous. No answers, ?no order made?...no owner adresse.

It' was the first time I made an order there.

Now I got an answer and I hope I get my order soon, too.

hopefully you get the correct parts,as they shipped me wrong parts, and then sold the correct parts on me, but did refund me my money.

hopefully you get the correct parts,as they shipped me wrong parts, and then sold the correct parts on me, but did refund me my money.

Mistakes can happen when we ship over 70 packages per day, we do rectify ALL problems, after all we are only human.

Thanks

Myles is definately one of the good guys.....I have never ever had an issue dealing with him. I have no hesitation in recommending him to complete a transaction with and I am on the otherside of the world.

Myles is definately one of the good guys.....I have never ever had an issue dealing with him. I have no hesitation in recommending him to complete a transaction with and I am on the otherside of the world.

+1 on that, Myles is definately a good seller, told him about a missing decal in my order, and he send it out without any xtra cost, that is definately a plus for any buyer.

Btw Myles, cockpit for avante?

+1 on that, Myles is definately a good seller, told him about a missing decal in my order, and he send it out without any xtra cost, that is definately a plus for any buyer.

I guess your experiences with him have been fine, but mine were horrific, sends me the wrong parts, then does not send me the correct parts, until i returned the correct ones, which i did, and in return had sold the correct parts, on me even before the wrong parts arrived back, i would really not matter but those parts go with two other parts to make a complete kit, i ordered the other two parts from fusion hobbies and the send me the parts, but now i have very expensive parts that do not work, because vintage sold the parts, that i need to complete the kit, and don,t have any more, how is that a mistake, ship the wrong parts, then instead of holding the correct parts you sell them, anyway, that is my experiance, and know not to deal with certain vendors

If items are in both ebay and the webshop and they sell on ebay we remove them from the webshop the same day but sometimes people still buy them and have to be refunded if we dont have stock.

If we send incorrect parts yes we do want the incorrect ones returned BEFORE we send replacements to you, this is done as too many people were not returning the wrong parts and in some cases a few people actually sold them via their ebay accounts!!.

I beleive in this case you were refunded for original parts, unfortunately there is not much more we can do about it except apologise to you (which we already did when the issue happened)

Tbh i think its only happened 3-4 times this year, and all issues were rectified, we do our best for club members which is why the website exists so people can get their parts 10% cheaper than ebay, its NO better for us as the money we get is the same and all the hard work running the site, maintaining it and keeping it updated takes a lot of time, but we do that to save buyers money, no other reason for it.

Also all re-sellers are automatically refunded and orders cancelled as we dont want our/your parts having a 100% price hike and being put on ebay, its something else we do to try to help the community.

Cheers

In the meantime I got a note from paypal that the money will come back.

I told the shop owner that I don't want the money back, I want my order, but this did not happen, Hmm...

For me, there are too much organisation or/and technical problems, I will no place an order again there next time.

"...good seller, told him about a missing decal in my order, and he send it out without any xtra cost, that is definately a plus for any buyer.""

--> that is not a plus, that's normal.

WE refunded you as the order was not completed as there was a technical error with your order (No order was received and no paypal payment notification was received although the paypal payment was received, this has since been fixed), we confirmed this in 2 emails.

Unfotunately there is not much more we can do, there was a problem and we fixed it by refunding the buyer.

Sorry technical problems exist with our own website (we are after all not ebay and dont have 50000 staff to ignore buyer problems), we set the website up for TC members to be able to buy parts that see on ebay at prices 10% cheaper than ebay (its no better for us as we get the same exact money, its just better for buyers), unfortunately it seems we cant please everyone, again aplogies to those that have been affected, and again thanks to all those buyers who come back every week and buy from us without any issues whatsoever.

Thanks

Right guys, i Just stepped out of the car after a nice 7.5hour drive, very tired :-(

Oh dear, not moving house again are you?

Nope, i was travelling to see my Parents as it was my Fathers 60th birthday, i have only moved house 6 times in 10 years, thats not too bad!, got to keep ahead of the property ladder lol, buy, do up, move, then start again.

Cheers

I guess facetiousness doesn't come across on the screen.

Just to add to the information here my experience with Myles has been a waste of time. I am sure you must be a nice guy Myles as you seem to have support from other members but I think your business practice is appalling. A couple of years ago when I was young and naive on eBay I placed an order and received nothing, there was no reply to any of my mails and after a little looking around on the net found this thread

Myles Mason Appreciation Society

and realised I was at the back of a long queue of dissatisfied customers and that if I pursued the matter I was likely to fall foul of Myles' patented Vile Feedback system so I dropped the matter (from memory my order was only about six pounds something) and put it down to experience. Maybe you've improved in the last couple of years but I don't want to take the risk and of the many hundreds of pounds I have spent since then on Tamiya parts I have made sure that none of it has gone to Myles.

BTW I hope you're Father enjoyed his 60th.

Dang, this is a tough crowd. LOL Nothing of value to add here, just an observation. haha

:lol: These kind of threads make me miss the days of COD shipping. It would surely have solved many of the problems mentioned here.

Sometimes i think it is because one do not realise the capacity required in order to take orders and send them out on your own if you do not have a good enough system. If you advertise 10 items at the same time, that is quite a lot to do when all the 10 auction ends at the same time. Then there is the address to print out and hopefully stick on the correct package. I recently had a parcel that went missing from another seller on ebay. My first in more than 100 purchases on ebay.

oldskooltamiya2010

Only after 2 weeks and 2 emails later, seller came back informing will check, a week later confirmed possibly lost and will refund, by cash by special delivery, and then no message informing whether refund already in the post and after 3 non reply messages, about 1 week later, i started a complaint on ebay, and then, only then, received a message. Resolved a week or 2 later when more funds become available on Paypal.

Clear case of not replying to messages due to too much work on ebay and receiving too much messages or just simply do not care. I have a sneaking suspicion that the seller sent to the wrong address or ... something which i do not wish to share ...

I generally like to receive a reply to all my messages and when sellers do not, a warning bulb comes on ...

When I sell my stuff and when there is more than 1 item which needs to be sent, I do check the address is matched to the correct item 3 times over, and I do tell my buyers that it is already in the post etcetc. I feel informing the buyer at every step is my responsibility and I do to others what I wish others to do for me. For every item I sell, I think I send out a minimum of 3 messages. 1 to thank buyer for payment. 2 when the item is sent. 3 to let me know when the item is received (1 day later). But then again, selling on ebay is just to get rid of excess stuff. I can understand if it is your livelihood and I guess mistakes will happen unless you have a proper system in place.

If you are also advertising the same items in 2 locations then it is even more difficult to manage duplicate purchases on a single available item.

Sometimes i think it is because one do not realise the capacity required in order to take orders and send them out on your own if you do not have a good enough system. If you advertise 10 items at the same time, that is quite a lot to do when all the 10 auction ends at the same time. Then there is the address to print out and hopefully stick on the correct package. I recently had a parcel that went missing from another seller on ebay. My first in more than 100 purchases on ebay.

oldskooltamiya2010

Only after 2 weeks and 2 emails later, seller came back informing will check, a week later confirmed possibly lost and will refund, by cash by special delivery, and then no message informing whether refund already in the post and after 3 non reply messages, about 1 week later, i started a complaint on ebay, and then, only then, received a message. Resolved a week or 2 later when more funds become available on Paypal.

Clear case of not replying to messages due to too much work on ebay and receiving too much messages or just simply do not care. I have a sneaking suspicion that the seller sent to the wrong address or ... something which i do not wish to share ...

I generally like to receive a reply to all my messages and when sellers do not, a warning bulb comes on ...

When I sell my stuff and when there is more than 1 item which needs to be sent, I do check the address is matched to the correct item 3 times over, and I do tell my buyers that it is already in the post etcetc. I feel informing the buyer at every step is my responsibility and I do to others what I wish others to do for me. For every item I sell, I think I send out a minimum of 3 messages. 1 to thank buyer for payment. 2 when the item is sent. 3 to let me know when the item is received (1 day later). But then again, selling on ebay is just to get rid of excess stuff. I can understand if it is your livelihood and I guess mistakes will happen unless you have a proper system in place.

If you are also advertising the same items in 2 locations then it is even more difficult to manage duplicate purchases on a single available item.

Unfortunately, i think most buyers think sellers work 24hrs a day, 7 days a week and should reply immediately to any message sent, i had a guy complaining that i took 2.5 days to reply to him only 2 weeks ago, he emailed at 7pm FRIDAY NIGHT and i replied at 9.30am MONDAY MORNING!!, i think its ebays fault personally as they help feed this culture of 24/7 on ebay. Also its a MAJOR problme when buyers dont see the HOLIDAY notice or even notice the reply stating "Sell on holiday until ..." notices/emails (im not sure HOW they miss it as its on EVERY item (Every single one of over 2500 items) plus every email gets holiday reply, but still it happens.................

ONly so much as a seller you can do, 2000 mens great service is of course another 1 mans poor service!!.

"Oh dear not moving house again are you?"

Hey Olly, you accuse me of being "fecetious" and then you go an post a "Sarcastic" comment like that, smacks of double standards that does fella!, plus whats it got to do with you if i was moving house?.

I guess facetiousness doesn't come across on the screen.

Just to add to the information here my experience with Myles has been a waste of time. I am sure you must be a nice guy Myles as you seem to have support from other members but I think your business practice is appalling. A couple of years ago when I was young and naive on eBay I placed an order and received nothing, there was no reply to any of my mails and after a little looking around on the net found this thread

Myles Mason Appreciation Society

and realised I was at the back of a long queue of dissatisfied customers and that if I pursued the matter I was likely to fall foul of Myles' patented Vile Feedback system so I dropped the matter (from memory my order was only about six pounds something) and put it down to experience. Maybe you've improved in the last couple of years but I don't want to take the risk and of the many hundreds of pounds I have spent since then on Tamiya parts I have made sure that none of it has gone to Myles.

BTW I hope you're Father enjoyed his 60th.

My remarks are neither facetious nor arrogant they are purely factual as per what heppened, unlike lots of the slanderous comments on that previous forum (which was CLOSED by the way), i suspect if this gets dragged up any more this thread will no doubt end the same way.

There does seem to be a few members that hold a grudge (thats up to them) and like to drag up the past (again upto them), but most of us (myself included) learn from it and move on in life, plus ebay feedback of 100% and 99.9% would say practices are significantly different from 3 years ago.

I find it funny how 250 website orders complete without ANY problems whatsoever and yet 2 problems arise and are publicised and certain people jump in (even tho its not affected them LOL), perhaps i should start a forum for the other 250 happy customers to post comments, either that or direct them to here to post positive comments?. Right im off my soap box now, i really have better things to do like pack the orders and ship them in a timely fashion.

My father did enjoy his 60th thanks as we enjoyed it too, he got lots of nice gifts and was a very happy chappy, I got him an Ipad, my brother got him a new laptop and my mother got him a new car (He has been wanting a V8 for years!!!).

We do the best we can with the hours in the day, in respect of this forum opening up the guy got his money back within 2 days due to error on the system, i have ABSOLUTELY no idea what this has to do with something that happened 3 years ago?, maybe i missed something?

AGAIN i would like thank all our regular customers who continue to support us and all the TC members who also buy from both the shop and the ebay site without any problems, to those that EVER have a problem, you can email or call me (as long as its a current problem and not something from 3 years ago).

Thanks

Unfortunately, i think most buyers think sellers work 24hrs a day, 7 days a week and should reply immediately to any message sent, i had a guy complaining that i took 2.5 days to reply to him only 2 weeks ago, he emailed at 7pm FRIDAY NIGHT and i replied at 9.30am MONDAY MORNING!!, i think its ebays fault personally as they help feed this culture of 24/7 on ebay. Also its a MAJOR problme when buyers dont see the HOLIDAY notice or even notice the reply stating "Sell on holiday until ..." notices/emails (im not sure HOW they miss it as its on EVERY item (Every single one of over 2500 items) plus every email gets holiday reply, but still it happens.................

ONly so much as a seller you can do, 2000 mens great service is of course another 1 mans poor service!!.

I can definitely see how it can be so difficult ... I know no matter how much information you provide ... some buyers simply do not read and comprehend all that is there or forgets that sellers may need a weekend time off ...

+2 myles is a good seller had some astute parts and am 100% happy with the order

Just need some rear wheels and tyres now can only hope