WallyWombat

Subaru Brat Rerelease Built

Hi,

I am Wouter from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Here some pics of my recent Brat built.

(

)

DSC_0221-1.jpg

DSC_0222-2.jpg

DSC_0224-2.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1026.jpg

DSC_1027.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg

DSC_1030.jpg

DSC_1031.jpg

DSC_1032.jpg

Decided it would look better with the letters on the tires painted white:

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

And starting bending some styrene tubes to work on the lexane body:

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

• Like 1

nice B) ...i cringed at the pic when the painting was going on in the kits box top..thats just me though :D

That looks nice! I love the black rims with the white writing.

Just a little tip, you might want to turn your radio switch so it is pointing downwards. Will make it easier for you to turn it on and off without trying to bend your finger in...

Cheers,

Rob.

That looks nice! I love the black rims with the white writing.

Just a little tip, you might want to turn your radio switch so it is pointing downwards. Will make it easier for you to turn it on and off without trying to bend your finger in...

Cheers,

Rob.

Ah, thanx, thats a good tip. Haven't been driving it yet, but that seems more logical! Will change that.

Been painting the lexane body, updates to follow...

Question: I painted the transparant lexane body red. Is it good to back that up with black? Of so; why, so it becomes less transparant? it looks really good now, I'm afraid it will get (too) dark when I back it up with another layer of black..

Thanx

It will get dark, if you back with black. Especially if it's already transparent. Back with white to make it pop, or silver.

I like the project! looks good. 8)

Nice Truck :ph34r: How come you spend the time masking off the bumpers etc? It's a lot of work for no reward as the finish of the laquer shouldn't affect further layers painted on by brush...

James

I was test-driving it indoor the other day, and noticed that the right rear wheel was stopping to spin earlier then the other. Then I noticed that when I spin around one wheel by hand, the other turns the other way, as you would expect with a working differential. But when I turn the left wheel, the right wheel does not turn!

i don't see any of the rubber making too much friction.. Is this a problem inside the diff?? Should I take it apart?!

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanx...

Did you install full ballbearings when you built it ?

No: all standard, but the problem turnt out to be real simple: I just loosened one of the wheel bolts a bit and it was all good!

That is absolutely brilliant. I have messed about with the polycarb shell and sprayed it pink haha because I have not built it to show off it's beauty (as much as I wish I could) but I do rag the **** out of my Tamiya's so I don't want to become too attached to my polycarb shell. But when I get time and sort of put my Tamiya Brat up as more of an ornament I am going to do the plastic body and take a long time painting it and I'll let you see when I do it if I remember lol.

Oh and by the way how did you whiten the writing on the tyres? Was there a specific method or was it just a steady hand?

I'll post a pic of my pink shell with the glittery paint highlighting it, not stuck the stickers on yet however.

Thank - MickRosco

post-35652-1293753928_thumb.jpg

Thats the small wing i made up for it.

Like a T4 that i made out of a ice cream container lid and curved the bottom of it and screwed it down.

Check out my new Brat GoPro SloMo footage. Been trying to work with imovie & my gopro2, so took the brat to the beach for some footage. Was fun!

• Like 2

thats like an official tamiya video !!!!!!!!!! great skills love the gunmetal brat

I agree with biggamehunter. Excellent video! Tamiya would sell heaps of these Subaru Brat pick-ups if these videos were shown in hobby stores worldwide.

Also, who doesn't love the Subaru Brat?

I loved that video! I nearly cried when I saw that beautiful body shell rolling across the gravel though!!!

Think I have just decided on the colour for my new Brat shell now too (gonna be a shameless copy of yours!)

Cheers,

Rich

thanx!

I loved that video! I nearly cried when I saw that beautiful body shell rolling across the gravel though!!!

Think I have just decided on the colour for my new Brat shell now too (gonna be a shameless copy of yours!)

Cheers,

Rich

LOL, yeah, but I built it to drive it, so it's okay.. No big damages so far!