Sign in to follow this  
Olly_Lunchbox

Scalextric Wild Willy Slot Car Conversion

My brother brought round all our old Scalextric stuff last night and dumped it on my doorstep. He's moving and threatened to throw away so now I've got it.

Consequently I have spent some time exploring old Scalextric stuff and perusing the net (yeah, cos I need another hobby to spend money on) and have found these great vintage Scalextric buggies that I'll never be able to afford....

440012bu.jpg

.... but better than that is these great videos I have found on Youtube of someone who is converting Tamiya mini 4WD to slot car. My favourite is the Wild Willy video

That's excellent, thanks for the link ;)

Is there enough width on a standard track for two of them to race?

VLB version;

That VLB is brilliant...love the way it captures the bouncy wheely prone nature of the RC version.

That VLB is brilliant...love the way it captures the bouncy wheely prone nature of the RC version.

The whole concept is great - the magnetic? pickup attached to the rear axle is a work of genius

How exactly does one introduce a new hobby to one's wife?

come up with...."well honey its either this or (list some other mid life crisis style past time, preferably a highly dangerous one)"

Tell her you were always interested .

Its just that you decided to come out of the closet now ;)

Actually it might not be the best approach .

The Wife just said to me what are you replying to now I read her the post .She said don't even think about it buddy I said but honey I have always been interested ,she said in what slot cars or coming out of the closet ? is there something you need to tell me B)

Glad that you enjoyed my Tamiya Slot Monster Truck videos. I have posted quite a few over the years. Just search for "Slot Monster Trucks" on YouTube.

Dave

• Like 1