They found out what you did to that poor Lunchy and decided you deserved it?

;)

Not again! I've lost count of how many times they've postponed the release.

Nearly posted this myself last night ;) - Updates here: GT Planet info on release delay and updated information here

Maria (my darling wife) pre-ordered GT5 from Play for me in late 2008 hoping to give it to me for Christmas or on my birthday in March 2009 (based on the expected release date on Play at the time).

To keep me going I actually went to the stupid level of buying a PSP (2000 version) and GTPSP which I have since completed.

I changed my pre-order to the Collectors Edition (not the stupid money Signature Edition) a month or so back and have looked forward to my much belated 2009 birthday present (even bothered to get my wheel out of the attic).

Steve

The November 2010 release date has been postponed AGAIN!!

It must be getting close though, local retailers are now advertising it with an early Dec 2010 release date and calling for pre-orders. Their not gettin my $ until I can see it on the shelf.

Cheers for the links Lemming, I must admit I've been glued to GTplanet (more than usual) over the past couple of months although annoyingly they keep removing the videos! Even looking through the menu videos is getting me more and more excited, lets hope that the week commencing 29th November is the week as is being rumoured. Would have been nice if Sony/Polyphony stuck to their word and told us a release date before the end of October......

24th of November now (if we believe it will finally happen)

Details, car list and track list here: http://lemmingrc.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/...-november-2010/

Only issue is that some previously seen tracks appear to be missing from the list - The Sienna track for one

Also, too few track have time or weather transitions...

Take care all and hopefully see some of you online in GT5 :blink:

24th of November now (if we believe it will finally happen)

Details, car list and track list here: http://lemmingrc.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/...-november-2010/

Only issue is that some previously seen tracks appear to be missing from the list - The Sienna track for one

Also, too few track have time or weather transitions...

Take care all and hopefully see some of you online in GT5 :blink:

I've been studying GTPlanet for some time now, lol. Interesting point about Sienna, I wonder what else they've left out and also what will be downloadable in the next few months......

I've been studying GTPlanet for some time now, lol. Interesting point about Sienna, I wonder what else they've left out and also what will be downloadable in the next few months......

Same here, plus spending inordinate amounts of time searching all over the web :blink:

I've been comparing the my PSP track list and started finding other missing tracks (Midfield, Motegi etc) so I wonder just how accurate they really are...

Will see what happens and enjoy the game regardless! :unsure:

Some cars missing that were in GT4 too. Sad to see the Aussie Ford/FPV range is not included. The F6 Typhoon is one of my most driven cars in GT4. Only Aussie Ford is the much hated AU Falcon (in V8 Supercar guise), ugly thing it is. They included the Aussie Holdens from GT4 though :blink:

Quite a few tracks missing that were in GT4. I would have expected more real world tracks seeing it took them 2 years longer than expected to get this thing to the shelves.

Few more things I'm interested to find out. Will my clutch pedal work in GT5? Does it support the gated 6spd shifters?

Some cars missing that were in GT4 too. Sad to see the Aussie Ford/FPV range is not included. The F6 Typhoon is one of my most driven cars in GT4. Only Aussie Ford is the much hated AU Falcon (in V8 Supercar guise), ugly thing it is. They included the Aussie Holdens from GT4 though :unsure:

Quite a few tracks missing that were in GT4. I would have expected more real world tracks seeing it took them 2 years longer than expected to get this thing to the shelves.

Few more things I'm interested to find out. Will my clutch pedal work in GT5? Does it support the gated 6spd shifters?

You lucky man! I nearly had a G25, but got caught out with stock issues at Play.com. No clutch or manual box for me, just a plain old Driving Force wheel.

Definitely think those lists are seriously wrong. According to GTPlanet, the F40 has changed from Standard to Premium.

There are just too many odd issues (missing cars and tracks) that it makes me think they are playing "find the easter egg car/track". Might know more when we play it I guess. :blink:

You lucky man! I nearly had a G25, but got caught out with stock issues at Play.com. No clutch or manual box for me, just a plain old Driving Force wheel.

I sent the wife off to buy me the Driving Force GT Wheel they had advertised at the local Di ck Smith shop while she was shopping. They'd sold out, so she came home with a G25 wheel. I'm wasn't going to complain :blink: It's great in the PC sims like WTCC, GTR-2, GT-Legends. Great step up from the Logitech Momo wheel I was using (now handed-me-down to the kids).

For those who have been waiting for this game, its coming to North America on the 24th of November.

More release info- http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/12/...aign=gt5_111210

Car List - http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1...carlist_en.html

Track List - http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1...rselist_en.html

Reaction from a top Video Game website - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412847

I have a Pre-Order in for the game and frankly I'll believe it when i put it in my PS3and find it's actually the whole game :)

I *am* looking forward to GT5 a lot. Cannot wait to get my mits on it. Only disappointment for me is the car list has relatively few 2009/2010 model additions compared to GT4. Still, there are some tasty motors on there all the same :lol: Also they seem to have stuck with more or less the same mix of good World Circuits and lousy made-up tracks and stretches of mountain road. Get some more proper tracks in... please?!

I hope the Playstation Store provides us with some added DLC entertainment to go with this, I'd love to see extra cars and tracks for sale on there.

I have heard that the Uk release date is now 3rd December 2010. And yes, I added 2010 at the end of the date just in case Polyphony read this post and change it to 2015!

I still find it hard to believe that such a must-have game has taken so long to come out! They've been promising a release since the PS3 came out!

I have heard that the Uk release date is now 3rd December 2010. And yes, I added 2010 at the end of the date just in case Polyphony read this post and change it to 2015!

I still find it hard to believe that such a must-have game has taken so long to come out! They've been promising a release since the PS3 came out!

It's definately the 24th or heads will roll at Sony!!!

The key there is it's the 'must-have' game. To be a 'must-have' it has to be unreservedly, unflinchingly and without doubt the most awesome racing game ever. If it's not it'll not have been worth it. *That's* supposedly why it's taken so long.

Oh I do hope it gets here soon. I've had my PS3 about 9 months (bought it for the then postponed March release of GT5, oddly enough) and have probably used it about 15 times. Really sad as I love it to bits but without GT5 it's not the same. I'd still play GT4 but my PS2 is about on it's last legs.

Oh dear, I hope this review is not a representation of the general consensus... http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136103p1.html

Last year I treated myself to one of these..

gameracer.jpg

A Gameracer Elite with a Logitech G25 so that I could fully enjoy GT5 Prologue.

Now GT5P is a great game but one that does not really make good use of the clutch on the G25/G27. The clutch does work but it clearly needed more development on the full Gran Turismo 5 release...which was why I was imagining it was taking Polyphony so long to develop this game. However it seems from the review that the cluch opration has not been improved at all or worse can not be used whatsoever!!

If this is true, then what on earth have they been doing for the last 5 years?

Play delivered mine today, very good so far :(

Glad to hear it! :o

I'm sulking though... My play order still hasn't arrived B)

Off on a 4 hour mountain bike trail tomorrow so might not be here when the post arrives. Wonder if the CE cersion will fit through the letterbox...?

Got my GT5CE today. :lol:

No clutch at all!! No gated gearshift controls (sequential mode only)!! No native support for non-GT Logitech wheels (the G25 works fine, but it's not listed in the options).

The driving model is excellent, as all the Previous GT version have been, and the graphics quality is that step up again from GT4. The inclusion of an in-car 'dash' view is something I've wanted from the 4 previous versions.

...but to compare it to the graphics quality of a 2yr old PC sim driver when run on max settings @ 1920x1200 res (intel extreme i7 cpu/ddr3/sli video)...

the console is still just a toy by comparison.

Got my GT5CE today. :lol:

No clutch at all!! No gated gearshift controls (sequential mode only)!! No native support for non-GT Logitech wheels (the G25

works fine, but it's not listed in the options)........ The inclusion of an in-car 'dash' view is something I've wanted from the 4 previous versions.

Your kidding me....NO clutch at all....not even when pressing the triangle button?