Sign in to follow this  
snollan

Wild One Rear Shock Question

I plan on runnig my Wild one and want to upgrade the rear shocks. Should I go with a set of tamiya sedan shocks or what? Thanks

Sean

Should not be a problem at all - just need to do some judiscious spacing .....

Good Luck

Cheers

Darryn

Visit my Web Page !!

webpagelink.JPG

Sean, the stock dampers are adequate for this application. The Fav/wild one have limited travel as it is. The main problem is the stock rear springs are really stiff. The key is to get the CRP frog rear shock spring kit. It comes with two rates of springs and some aluminum adjustable collars. You can see the crp kit on my frog in my showroom.

My wild one runner is no more. I have now built up a fast attack as a runner. All of the parts were fast attack except for the wheels which were from a rough rider. I transfered the thorp rear end for durability. I painted it camoflauge using field gray, red brown and bnato black. It looks so good, I am afraid to mess it up by running it. I finished up the installation of the electrics last night. because the tires are softer rubber than the wild one, it drives much better on the street. This weekend I plan to take some good photos and some video of it running

Jim

logo_member2.gif

Well my time table for a runne wildone has been moved up. I've been talking to some of the ttlocal guys and I plan on doing some driving in two weeks. I will track down the crp frog kit ASAP and make the adjustments. I also have a set of panda cyclone rear shocks that I plan to mount on the front. I cant wait to see your FAV.

-Sean

Replacing the rear shocks probably won't do much. Suspension travel isn't fantastic and half of that is unusable anyway - the car just bottomed out.

imho Keep the stock shocks with some softer springs if you can find some, use a soft oil maybe. Might be an idea to remove the pistons' diaphragm too... not too sure on the "non-rebound" setup.

Frog version of the shocks have cute finning...