Toyranosaur

New, Really Scale Hubs For Blazing Blazer/original Hilux

Hello All! This is a Head's-Up for owners of the locking-hub trucks- Blazing Blazer & original Hilux. Was approached by a member about doing these parts, and have them prototyped. They have ALL SIX screws instead of 2 ugly Phillip's heads, and your choice of the 'Chevrolet' or 'Toyota' logo engraved on the cap. All 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum, and Stainless Steel screws. Full set of 4 satin-finish hubs and engraved capswill be $74.95, plus $5 shipped Int'l. (non-US) addresses./ These will be, as most of my parts, available for ABOUT 10 DAYS, and that's it! I'll be making these to order in a couple of weeks. There is only ONE way to get these- Go to www.rogueelementcomponents.com , read how I do things, and sign up for my PRIVATE mailing list- Then you'll be automatically informed when these are on the cut list. NOTE: Pics are of the protos fresh off the mill, and have not been de-burred or even cleaned, so yours will be perfect. Caps may be black anodized, let me know if that's what you'd all like to see or any other comments at chris@rogueelementcomponents.com . Only pan to make 1 limited batch of these once, so anyone who misses out will be sad! (Thanks to D-Spec for the pics, in my traderoom: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp...2&id=15511) Chris Cazan, Owner/Designer, Rogue Element Components

Guest Greg67

Do these have the lip on the inside that locks onto the front drive shaft for the hilix? Really like the design! Will they be able to lock and unlock on the hilux?They look great!

Thank you, Greg: Yep, these will be fully-functional replacements for the-let's face it, hideous- factory 'two-Phillips-screw' hubs that make those trucks look like toys. These'll serious-up that rig quicker'n snot! Chris

Guest Greg67

Chris, I'm in as long as you can adonize the caps black! I think it is a Brilliant idea on these! (Not to mention been trying to find a good set of hubs for a reasonable price. I like how durable these look.)

I wonder, are the cap screws the standard small tamiya allen wrench size?

I like your custom minis in your showroom!

I think I'll probably give the choice of natural or black-anodized caps, ultimately, not sure yet. The screws are 0-80 thread, very small so as to be scale, and the hex driver is a .050 (Fifty thousandths of an inch.) Chris