Sammo

Anyone Ever Bought A Kit From Ebay Hong Kong Sellers?

As the title says.

I really want the Tamiya M-05 Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR Berlina Corse. However its about £135 from most online retailers. I have spotted a seller on eBay doing them for £70.69 + £25.00 shipping. I would happily pay that price for it but can the sellers be trusted????

Cheers

Sammo

Can't expect people to give you any opinion if you don't state who the seller is.

Why don't you simply check the seller feedback rating. It is the most accurate data to judge whether the seller can be trusted or not.

The eBay seller is called 'dinball'

All there feedback looks very good. I am just a little bit wary of buying something from the other side of the world :)

Oh and if anyone has bought from Hong Kong before, do you have to pay the VAT when the parcel arrives in the UK?

im from southeast iowa and i order from hong kong all the time. for some reason its usually cheaper . just check there ratings and if theres any questions about there status use your best judgment. shipping takes a while though so be patient

As the title says.

I really want the Tamiya M-05 Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR Berlina Corse. However its about £135 from most online retailers. I have spotted a seller on eBay doing them for £70.69 + £25.00 shipping. I would happily pay that price for it but can the sellers be trusted????

Cheers

Sammo

If I'm correct din ball are also know as Rcmart.com and are a pretty big seller. I've used em before with no troubles.

All there feedback looks very good. I am just a little bit wary of buying something from the other side of the world :)

It's RCmart, no problems with them............

Don't buy from CTY300 avoid this seller at all costs he will only cause you grief .

Majority of the sellers from Hong Kong are good...because I am in Hong Kong :) The best is check the feedbacks, read what the buyers have put down and see the transaction amount. The shipping cost is about right. When I sell on ebay, I tell buyer to visit www.hongkongpost.com and check out the rate themselve. The sellers may charge a few bucks more because packing material like box, bubble wrap and tape do cost money. So far, most air delivery should arrive in about a week. The post office in Hong Kong are very good, actual air time any where in the world is 1 day unless you are located in some jungle somewhere, and need a bush pilot or donkey to make the final delivery. I find is the receiptents postal service that takes more time to sort and deliver the goods. We get letter delivered by next day, thats how efficient the postal service here in Hong Kong, mind you Hong Kong is a very small place.

Yours truely

Post Master General, Hong Kong :)

If I'm correct din ball are also know as Rcmart.com and are a pretty big seller. I've used em before with no troubles.

Same more me, mostly. I did have once that a box arrived with very light damage to it - but that's one of all those many times I ordered from them - without any problem.

I would advise you though to check the price and postage charges on both ebay and their own website (www.rcmart.com), because sometimes the ebay store is cheaper, and sometimes their own store is :)

Guest Greg67

I've never ordered from them before. I thought I had, but it was jr-rc.

Rcandsarah, something like that, is a HK based seller who always has low prices, but their packaging is horrible, and boxes never arrive nice. But that kind of figures into their low price I guess. I have limited experience, but best to check feedback. I;'ve only had problems with US based sellers on Ebay before. Never international.

I've bought several kits from dinball/rcmart.com over the years. Never had any trouble. I usually find the website to be marginally cheaper than ebay. If you pay with Paypal you have some buyer protection too, but I never needed it with them. It's gotten to the point where I now always try rcmart.com and stellamodels.net first if I need to buy anything.

If you buy a kit and parts at the same time they usually put the parts in the kit box. If you're a NIB purist you may not like that, but I have no trouble with it.

A lot of people ask them to mark down the customs value when shipping, which they do.

I'm another happy dinball customer, never had a problem and stuff usually arrives in the UK in 7-10 days.

VAT and duty is down to luck. Sometimes you'll get away with it and bag a bargain. Sometimes you'll get stung, and Royal Mail add their own £8 or £9 processing fee and you've paid about the same as you would in the UK.

dinball / rcmart are great, and a trusted seller

i have bought upwards of 50 kits over the last few years from hong kong sellers and only ever had a problem once. that was one fruity seller who everyone had problems with (i got my money back through paypal though)

on the whole the hong kong guys are great. if you are ever unsure though, ask on here and you will get a thumbs up (or down)

i am in the UK by the way. i have been hit by customs charges a few times, but have saved mega £££'s by buying from the east. especially a few years back when the $/£ exchange rate was almost 2:1

dinball / rcmart are great, and a trusted seller

i have bought upwards of 50 kits over the last few years from hong kong sellers and only ever had a problem once. that was one fruity seller who everyone had problems with (i got my money back through paypal though)

on the whole the hong kong guys are great. if you are ever unsure though, ask on here and you will get a thumbs up (or down)

i am in the UK by the way. i have been hit by customs charges a few times, but have saved mega £££'s by buying from the east. especially a few years back when the $/£ exchange rate was almost 2:1

Yep RCmart AKA dinball are great i buy most of my spares from him and my friend has bought many kits from them. Also Vellrip and RC Sausage Dog are other good sellers.

'dinball' / RCMart.com is sound, I've used them or a few things including a pretty expensive Hobbywing ESC + motor kit.

im a happy dinball customer too,i bought a rpm lamp bar off them and it arrived within 8 days,ive bought off stella too(tt01 drift car-durga hopups) they arrived safe and sound didnt pay any duty,and to top it off i got the durga spares before the tamiya distributers in this country got them---bargain.... so these are the only ones i trust.

I'm in Australia and I buy just about everything from Hong Kong stores, either from Ebay or direct from there store. Dinball/Rcmart also have there own website which usually has more stock than their ebay store as well as specials. Stellamodels and jr-rc are also two very good ebay stores I have used for kits and parts.

Cheers for all the advice guys :)

I was going to order it this morning, however I have just been offered a NIB Tamiya Mclaren MP4/13 F103RS at a very good price :)

I always wanted one when I was younger but it was out of my price range. Although I do now have the dilemma of whether to build it or just store it somewhere and forget about it for a few years.

Mclarenmp413.jpg

Don't buy from CTY300 avoid this seller at all costs he will only cause you grief .

Cuold you please elaborate on that? What went wrong for you? I, and others I know, only have positive experience buying from them.

One store I've stopped buying from in Hong Kong is ToyEast.

Not because I've lost my money there, but because they don't track stock well and are more expensive than their competitors. The few times I've ordered they were my only option for a particular part and they turn out not to have it in stock after all.

Even this would not be a big problem had they given early notice, but usually it takes a week or two and then they send a message apologizing that the item was damaged/did not pass the pre-ship test and they've been trying to get me a replacement.

What I think happens is they have items in their web shop and on Ebay that they think the distributor has. When the order comes through it takes them a while to realize there are no parts to be had. Then they prefer to lie than to tell the truth.

They've always refunded promptly thereafter, but the rest of my shipment has been delayed and I will have to start looking for a new shop. Better just avoid them.

Another place to avoid is Team Extreme in the UK. I ordered a brand new Predator X11 from them and it took them 9 weeks to ship the kit and another month to get the parts they forgot to include or that were duds in the kit. They were also quite rude about it and the fact that I expected them to actually deliver when they had other personal priorities.

I can add a recommendation for JR-RC and Stella Models. I have bought kits and spares numerous times from both sellers and the total price paid is very competitive compared with hobby shops in the uk. Delivery is usually fast as well. I ordered some parts from JR-RC last Sunday evening, and they were on my doormat by Thursday lunchtime.

Cuold you please elaborate on that? What went wrong for you? I, and others I know, only have positive experience buying from them.

Swarm

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...4&hl=CTY300

and Mooter

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...7&hl=cty300

Yep RCmart AKA dinball are great i buy most of my spares from him and my friend has bought many kits from them. Also Vellrip and RC Sausage Dog are other good sellers.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...2&hl=bronco

Although it was resolved, it is still not acceptable to me. If a seller walks over a tamiyaclub member, I dont buy from them, period. There is other sellers out there that take pride in their

sales and realise their customers are their business. Especially Stella Models, you can tell by the quality in the salesmanship and the packaging, that the kitset means as much to him as it does to you ;)

All my OE kits are bought from Stella Models (also a club sponsor!) and sometimes I buy parts from dinball/rcmart (free shipping and sharp prices are addictive!).

The one problem with Dinball is if they're out of stock of an item, they give you 'store credit' instead of a refund - not much use if you just sunk your last servo $$ on a servo they're not getting for 4 weeks.

They are great when they have stock, but it's always worth emailing them just to make sure.