RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

Did I just read that correctly? :P

you know better not to ask what a serious collector does with his/her collection :D

Is it only me? Do I get banned now? :P:D:lol:

Have a great weekend crazy people! :D

I wish I could put into words how great this is. As a grown man in the United States Marine Corps I feel a little childish being so excited about a toy. But wow! I can not wait to see this car sitting on a hobby shops selves again. This is the one and only car I will purchase two of. One to build and run (have an original which hasnt seen dirt since 1990) and another to stay in its box. COlection complete!

Have just found this.

Sorry if its already been posted.

Have just found this.

If anyone could translate any of this from the link i posted then i'd be grateful :P

If anyone could translate any of this from the link i posted then i'd be grateful :P

Here's the same vid in English;

Have just found this.

The fact that Tamiya themselves are using their old 80s promo vid (albeit a cleaned up print) on their own Youtube channel tells me that it is a 100% faithful rerelease motor and all.

Then again, the vid still features a CPR and old racing stick packs so possibly not.

The fact that Tamiya themselves are using their old 80s promo vid (albeit a cleaned up print) on their own Youtube channel tells me that it is a 100% faithful rerelease motor and all.

Then again, the vid still features a CPR and old racing stick packs so possibly not.

Yup, was trying to gauge how old things were on there by the age of the packs of cells and also the bottles of shock oil at the end.

Just praying its as close to the original, fragile or not.

Then again, the vid still features a CPR and old racing stick packs

And the 'real' sponsor stickers

And the 'real' sponsor stickers

Ah yeah - good point.

And that beach they run on early in the vid. Definitely all gone due to the rising sea levels. :P

Its just the old video to get us all excited. That really was a crappy performing buggy wasn't it :P I think the Super Shot holds the title in the 80's for looks and performance.

Its just the old video to get us all excited. That really was a crappy performing buggy wasn't it :D I think the Super Shot holds the title in the 80's for looks and performance.

Agreed! :P

Even though a Kyosho Optima would give it a good hiding...

Agreed! :P

Even though a Kyosho Optima would give it a good hiding...

The Optima (and Turbo Optima) was actually my favorite buggy hands down back then - it made Tamiya look like such toys! My Super Shot reference was specifically for only the Tamiya line-up.

I'm sure this thread will get boring until further news is released, possibly at the Tamiya Fair 2010.

This has thrown my tightening Tamiya budget out the window for 2011.....Put me in for two of these!

Taken from another forum, posted by a realiable source: "The new one will feature aluminum front uprights, new shocks, a gold colored motor, and carbon fiber decks and shock towers instead of FRP."

So doesn't seem it will include a Technigold motor, it'll just be a gold coloured motor.

Taken from another forum, posted by a realiable source: "The new one will feature aluminum front uprights, new shocks, a gold colored motor, and carbon fiber decks and shock towers instead of FRP."

So doesn't seem it will include a Technigold motor, it'll just be a gold coloured motor.

Would be awesome for Tamiya to work out a deal with Mabuchi to re-release the Technigold 2010 as a Hop-Up option!

Hey, I can wish, can't I? :)

Very true, but they've made some great cars too! Very much high-priced performers, but some also had "sex appeal" like the Scorpion or Tomahawk for instance!

Tamiya is very special as to what they were able to do as to popularity, no other manufacturer has made as many fun/crazy/cool creations as they have. But there were also other "icons" that would be great to have brought back to life, so they could be run again! :) But I guess Kyosho would be the only manufacturer still up & running, that also has enough classics to choose from? (Nichimo, Marui, AYK etc. are all gone...) AE would have nothing but the classic RC10 gold tub... I guess Yokomo have nothing special either... Maybe the Dog Fighter though?

Sorry for diverting a bit from the main topic here. But while we still wait... :D

maybe the dogfighter lol!! mate they are super collectable and are only going up in value! (not dime a dozzen like tamiya's) lets face it associated and yokomo won most of the world's back in the day not tamiya!!! ill buy an avante as a show piece/runner but it will never out perform a yokomo, just ask masami!!! as for associated they dominated rc before tamiya ever existed!! heard of the rc1,rc100 etc etc!! 1/10th is a new born compared to 1/8th that's where it all started.. so much more to the hobby then tamiya, im really laughing here. i bought my avante for $199.00 from toyworld because they couldnt give them away! they are so sexy and that's there appeal.

i bought my avante for $199.00 from toyworld because they couldnt give them away!

You paid for it because they couldn't GIVE it away? Good work as always, Gary.....

:)

Alex

maybe the dogfighter lol!! mate they are super collectable and are only going up in value! (not dime a dozzen like tamiya's) lets face it associated and yokomo won most of the world's back in the day not tamiya!!! ill buy an avante as a show piece/runner but it will never out perform a yokomo, just ask masami!!! as for associated they dominated rc before tamiya ever existed!! heard of the rc1,rc100 etc etc!! 1/10th is a new born compared to 1/8th that's where it all started.. so much more to the hobby then tamiya, im really laughing here. i bought my avante for $199.00 from toyworld because they couldnt give them away! they are so sexy and that's there appeal.

cool_story_bro.jpg

Yeeeeeah! Avante!

A new guy started at my work a few weeks ago, and he spotted me checking out Tamiya Club. He said he once had a Tamiya Avante, and he regretted trading it away for another car. So he's now as stoked as I am to see this re-re!

So from what I can tell, it will be the same, except...

1. Carbon fibre upper-lower decks instead of FRP

2. Modernised dampers with new O-ring seals (they should be like gold TRF shocks)

3. CNC aluminium steering knuckle

4. Modern motor with gold can to 'simulate' the Technigold

5. Blister packaging similar to original

So this really is another one for the fans. Dagnabbit Tamiya, get your hands out of my pocket!

- James

:) fair enough, it's just that I've never really got the excitement over the Avante. I think it's a butt ugly thing

Whaaaat?? The Avante is one of the most gorgeous looking Tamiya buggies. Ever.

- James