RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

You'll need to use diamond files and probably a good idea to wear mask as graphite dust = bad for your lungs

Absolute rubish, you can file it down easily with ANY file, hacksaw through it no problem. The dust is nasty, and you can get splinters so make sure you lightly sand the edges and seal with superglue

Went to the local dealer today and made the deposit for my Avante 2011. Also bought a set of the wide stud spike tires. I think this tire will give better performance than the original. Any ideas?

img1675_26112010182927_1.jpg

Went to the local dealer today and made the deposit for my Avante 2011. Also bought a set of the wide stud spike tires. I think this tire will give better performance than the original. Any ideas?

http://www.tcphotos.com/pc_userimages/1675...010182927_1.jpg

Depends on track, easiest would be going to the nearest track and ask the local racers. If you are just bashing around, well any tires would be fine ...

While the mask is sound advice to avoid breathing carbon dust, diamond tools are not necessary whatsoever. All you need is a rotary tool like a Dremel, and it will cut as easy as anything. I know because I've had to modify many chassis in my time. My Dremel with different shaped cutting stone bits makes short work of carbon chassis decks. In fact, you need to be extra careful not to cut too far as it is quite easy to go too deep.

I've even used a 20+ year old hobby file to fillet all my edges. Then I polished all the plates with a set of wet-sanding cloths as seen here.

MSXX-MRE-1.jpg

nice chassis

Stella are really good. They ensure all the kits are packaged very well (they know some buyers want pristine boxes too and they accommodate this). The prices are good, much lower than the u.k even with postage and customs, if you get gripped!

Used them lots of times with absolutely no problems

Rosey, I may be missing something but I cannot find the Avante advertised on there website can you please post a link. Thanks

What.....that old thing? :lol:

More pics for those interested: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/94eg/rc/

Rosey, I may be missing something but I cannot find the Avante advertised on there website can you please post a link. Thanks

I believe it was mentioned earlier that you had to contact them directly to pre-order. They said it's supposed to be pretty easy though as the seller has good communication.

There's no link there yet. You'll have to contact them directly to put your name down for a pre-order.

- James

ooo... to me www.Tamiya.com website's December 2010 month new releases list has too many desirable items...

wish can have em all... but have to resist some temptations and ensure enough coins left for Avante in Feb. :)

If you have an Avante project that has been waiting to be completed due to dwindling parts and high prices, now is the time. In the last week Ive seen THREE seperate auctions for the impossible to find ball ends! Currently there are three body sets available, and once again titanium rods are the norm, its 2000 all over again. Now if someome would just sell a ball dif upgrade, I want that bad! My new avante is going to be a runner with novak brushless motivation.

If you have an Avante project that has been waiting to be completed due to dwindling parts and high prices, now is the time. In the last week Ive seen THREE seperate auctions for the impossible to find ball ends! Currently there are three body sets available, and once again titanium rods are the norm, its 2000 all over again. Now if someome would just sell a ball dif upgrade, I want that bad! My new avante is going to be a runner with novak brushless motivation.

Why do you want a ball diff? Most manufacturers are going back to gear diff.

Why do you want a ball diff? Most manufacturers are going back to gear diff.

The gear diffs that most manufactures are going back to are meant to contain fluid inorder to tune them. The Avante's diffs arent designed in that manner.

i took a quick peek... bodysets still asking $150+... can't say the rere has wrecked the market yet :mellow:

i took a quick peek... bodysets still asking $150+... can't say the rere has wrecked the market yet :)

Poor old C parts sellers though are copping an absolute reaming.....only going for 80 bucks now as opposed to 300!! :D

So....who's going to be producing the Technigold repro stickers?

I hope Tamiya can rectify another problem area. Because the front suspension has impact absorption capability, this leads to the front stabilizer bar popping out of it's bracket after going thru some bumps. Maybe increasing the length of the stabilizer bar may solve it.

TamiyaUSA posted the RC Car Action Article as a PDF

http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/25...9-88_avante.pdf

There's a "direct linking forbidden" message on that link.

Go to the Avante page and scroll down instead:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58489

I used to have that very issue, but my entire collection got thrown out during my parents housecleaning a few years back. :)

Guys,

what mini-pin tyres would fit on the original Avante tyres since many modern tyres are 2.2 inch. I think the original tyres will wear out fast on packed underground.