RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

Guys,

what mini-pin tyres would fit on the original Avante tyres since many modern tyres are 2.2 inch. I think the original tyres will wear out fast on packed underground.

None. Since the Avante wheels are only 2", there is only 4 different tires that will fit (Pin-spike, Oval-block, Hybrid-spike and wide-stud-spike). This is why Tamiya recommends the DF03 wheels for use with modern tires.

haha, Tamiya USA have listed the Avante at $745. now thats funny and over priced. l think ill be buying mine on ebay for close to half that.......

None. Since the Avante wheels are only 2", there is only 4 different tires that will fit (Pin-spike, Oval-block, Hybrid-spike and wide-stud-spike). This is why Tamiya recommends the DF03 wheels for use with modern tires.

Bummer! I hope one of the korean guys will make a wheel set like the original ones in 2.2 so the newer tyres will fit with the old look.

haha, Tamiya USA have listed the Avante at $745. now thats funny and over priced. l think ill be buying mine on ebay for close to half that.......

HA HA, that's more then a Hi-lux Hi lift! Assuming the same kind of street price reduction as the Hilux, that puts the Avante around $450...

that's the MSRP ..... not street price :)

I ordered mine from my local dealer in HK last week. Price is US$350.

thats more like it

As he has done artwork already it should only take about 20 minutes to change the wording to technigold, would be surprised if he is not already working on these right now, maybe someone else will see the price and think "whoah can make a few bucks here" lol, perhaps others will do them.

Been checking every day and Tower Hobbies finally has the re-re Avante available for pre-order for an OH-MY-GOD high price of US $618.99.

I pray that gets cut down by, oh, say $150 at least by the time it's available or I'm going to have to say "no" to buying this. Umm, wow. I am stunned by the price.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXAUNH&P=7

Looks like Mr Lexan will be doing the Technigold stickers!! ;)

I'll be spraying the motor gold and applying one, an Avante isn't complete without a Technigold!

Hopefully he sends me a pic to post up soon ;)

Been checking every day and Tower Hobbies finally has the re-re Avante available for pre-order for an OH-MY-GOD high price of US $618.99.

I pray that gets cut down by, oh, say $150 at least by the time it's available or I'm going to have to say "no" to buying this. Umm, wow. I am stunned by the price.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXAUNH&P=7

I don't get Tower lately. If you look at the Holiday Buggy I heard people were getting it for around $65-70 when it came out and Tower had it listed at 122.99, almost double. Now they have the Avante at $618.99!!! That’s crazy.

The MSRP of the Hi-lux Hi-Lift is $722 and Tower has it for $439.98

The MSRP for the Avante is $745 which would put the Avante around $450... but not $620 - that's just crazy!

It seems like anything new coming from Tamiya is not getting a similar street price from tower as older cars.

Take my example of the Holiday Buggy from above.

The Grasshopper which came out late 05/early 06. MSRP is $152 and tower has it for $94.99, however when it first came out tower had it for $79.99.

The Holiday buggy MSRP is $147 ($5 less than the Grasshopper) and tower first listed at $122.99 and how has it for $117.99 over $20 more which is close to 20% higher.

Interesting, maybe it’s time to start looking for another US based shop to buy re-re's from.

John

The Japanese Yen has been pretty strong ..so it might be a contributing factor

+1.

It is definitely a contributing factor TenzoR. Hopefully the dollar will pick up.

+1.

It is definitely a contributing factor TenzoR. Hopefully the dollar will pick up.

It's not even out yet. I've seen them (multiple times) put a high price on something before it's released, then the price gets changed to a more reasonable amount once in stock. AT least that's what I'm hoping for or they won't get my business on this one.

I've noticed that too with Tower. I shop at Ultimate Hobbies for most of my kits. Their prices are FAR lower than Tower's. The only problem is they don't have the selection, although they always have all the popular models.

Yeah, I guess that is a major part of the reason. The Yen is worth a LOT more than it used to be.

Looking at xe.com, in 2002 it took 134 Yen to equal 1 US Dollar. Now it only takes 83.

And I agree with bad andy about Tower's habit of starting off with a high price, only to reduce it as the release date gets closer.

Fingers crossed.

I'm sure the price will come down here in the U.S. to at least a somewhat reasonable /attainable price. No need to worry.

Btw, why is February taking so long!

where do i hand over my granny to get one of these!!! [ god love her!!!]

fantastic choice of re-re. Concur with the general theme that the price is crazy... hope to see a decent reduction in price once it goes to retail.

hope to get one of these in February, just have to go through my entire flat now looking for stuff to put on the magic ebay!!

best news i have had all year is that this is a re-re, shame that it is in such hard times. I seem to remember that the last time this was re-re there was some really hard times then, especially in the uk...

why such bad timing Tamiya!!??

Guest Greg67

:)That looks great!

Off the TamiyaUSA website:

"The Original Packaging is also Revived! The package for this re-release model comes with the same design and dimensions as the original Avante. In addition, just like the original Avante, all the parts are stored in blister packs. The "Avante" logo and rear wing sticker will remain the same as the original. Other stickers will be of a new Tamiya design. "

For all the nice little tweaks that are coming on the re-re I doubt they will make the car a significantly better performer than the original. That's why mine will go straight on the shelf and stay there permanently.

With those nice blister packs I could not bring myself to build it.

Since I never had the original, I'm going to run it like I stole it. :)

I had an original and ran it like I stole it!.....I only broke the front once, and it was only a couple of bits that broke :)

I also had some racing success with it, when they are set up well they corner pretty good, I also found the "Bulk" of it useful for "nerfing" Optima`s and cats out the way.... :D

I had an original and ran it like I stole it!.....I only broke the front once, and it was only a couple of bits that broke :)

I also had some racing success with it, when they are set up well they corner pretty good, I also found the "Bulk" of it useful for "nerfing" Optima`s and cats out the way.... :)

That my friend is the best thing about this Re-re. Toss in a brushless, charge up your Lipos and see what she can do! The OG is staying on my self this one is going to get beaten! Im going to paint mine black, install Avante MKII wheels with modern tires and give the new cars a run for thier money. Todays smoothe tracks wont point out the Avante's limited suspension travel as much as the older bumby tracks. Cant wait.