RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

As the saying goes, one mans cheap is another mans expensive, if people are prepared to pay extra to get it 1st fair enuff, personally im waiting 6 months for prices to drop then getting a few of them lol

Rosey, we have received confirmation from the Hobby Co that the Titanium screw set is to be released, just waiting for a confirmed price.

James

So it is the titanium screw set that's to be released and not the titanium rod set ?

I believe the titanium rods will be available in February, an absolute must if you want to run the avante on the tracks, for durability. Especially the rods on the lower front suspension arms

Check it out, just to the right of McLaren MP4/5b

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...ems%2Findex.htm

This is actually the titanium screw set, confirmed at the tamiya America website. Wonder if the rods are in the set too :)

i no a chap whos got a guy in japan who might be able to get hold of one for me and ship it with the gear he brings over ... hopefully i might not have to pay any tax @@ :)

This is actually the titanium screw set, confirmed at the tamiya America website. Wonder if the rods are in the set too :lol:

Are these hex screws?

The 2011 Avante is going to be a fun car, and it appears that Tamiya has put some thought into it. Exhibit A modern size wheels included, Exhibit B nice thick Graphite Chasis, Exhibit C modern shocks painted Gold, and Exhibit D Titanium screws. Will the car be as good as the new shaft 5xx car, no. However, for about the same parice Ill have a better looking car (subjective I know), Ill enjoy buildig the Avante alot more, and with brushless motivation it will be fast enough to not be embarrased at club tracks. This is what RC cars was all about, nice looking cars that were fun to build and fun to drive! I bet with a driver alot better than me an Avante could find its self in a few A mains at local tracks. And remember twitch is just another word for responsive :)

and with brushless motivation it will be fast enough to not be embarrased at club tracks. This is what RC cars was all about, nice looking cars that were fun to build and fun to drive! I bet with a driver alot better than me an Avante could find its self in a few A mains at local tracks. And remember twitch is just another word for responsive :)

"Avante" is "Fragile" spelled backwards.

"Avante" is "Fragile" spelled backwards.

We are not talking about the materials used 22 years ago, there are enough re-release hotshots and boomerangs with brushless motors. I think this 2011 Avante will be strong enough tp compete against the modern ugly cars found today! :)

We are not talking about the materials used 22 years ago, there are enough re-release hotshots and boomerangs with brushless motors. I think this 2011 Avante will be strong enough tp compete against the modern ugly cars found today! :)

...and Ill try, even if im bouncing off the barriers cause Im just not that good :P

So it comes with DF03 wheels but does it come with the DF03 tyres aswell? It would seem silly not to put them in aswell but I have to ask as it's silly to assume anything nowadays.

So it comes with DF03 wheels but does it come with the DF03 tyres aswell? It would seem silly not to put them in aswell but I have to ask as it's silly to assume anything nowadays.

It only comes with the wheels. It's better this way since you can buy tires that suits your local track instead of whatever they throw in, which may or may not work.

It only comes with the wheels. It's better this way since you can buy tires that suits your local track instead of whatever they throw in, which may or may not work.

I see your point but it would've been nice to have something you could use right away as an alternative to the stock ones without having to order more stuff.

We are not talking about the materials used 22 years ago,...... I think this 2011 Avante will be strong enough tp compete against the modern ugly cars found today! :)

In 1988 Tamiya were at their peak in manufacturing quality.

22 years on they can't even make blister packs that work properly.

umm... are we talking TAMIYA or TIFFANY ... imho there's some buyers don't really care that much about blister packing

And i dunno about anyone else just lurking, but some ppl are sounding like perpetual whingers.

Mr T throws in a nice fourpack of extra wheels & bingo! "why no tyres" - for crying out loud!

I can think of at least 2 reasons...

#1: cost (have you seen the price of OIL lately?)

#2: might not be enough SPACE inside the box...

lurk5.gif

Carry On! :)

LURKER!

:P:)

Certainly agree. We are in one of those lull periods for good posts and threads.

Use the kits and look at your empty blisters with pride! It's been built! It looks beautiful. It goes fanstically. And it's MINE! Would be my mentality.

:P

I'd love to have a drive of one off these. Build them and enjoy them!

Already drive the 2011 Avante? Pics and movie please!! :P

umm... are we talking TAMIYA or TIFFANY ... imho there's some buyers don't really care that much about blister packing

And i dunno about anyone else just lurking, but some ppl are sounding like perpetual whingers.

Mr T throws in a nice fourpack of extra wheels & bingo! "why no tyres" - for crying out loud!

I can think of at least 2 reasons...

#1: cost (have you seen the price of OIL lately?)

#2: might not be enough SPACE inside the box...

lurk5.gif

Carry On! :)

Do you really think of the oil price brands like Tamiya lower their qualtiy? Do you think BMW or Volvo would do the same because the oild price and destroy their brandname? NO WAY!!! Besides htat rc plastic molded parts are often reïnforced with graphite to improve strength.

Honestly, why is everyone even complaining? This kit's re-release goes to show that anything in possible. We should all be happy and not complain about these minor details. This is probably my last re-re (I can officially check it off my bucket list) but it will be interesting to see what Tamiya has in store for us.

Honestly, why is everyone even complaining? This kit's re-release goes to show that anything in possible. We should all be happy and not complain about these minor details. This is probably my last re-re (I can officially check it off my bucket list) but it will be interesting to see what Tamiya has in store for us.

chassis

People always complain, and they do not realize what an effect they have. Case in point, when VW finally started to produce a real GTI and GLI on the MKIV as anniv models it had huge rear vented breaks, the side efect was that they made a quiet howling like noise when the casr was in reverse. So the next gen had skinny non vented rear discs.

Stop complaining and enjoy the fact that the Avante is back, I mean seriously its back, who'd a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complaining I think its just a TC thing, or an RC thing in general, the hobby is full of moaners lol.

The only thing I'm complaining about is the price. Even if I could afford one I doubt I would have the nerve to even run it after I'd built it. I guess there's quite a good chance it'll come down in price in six months but it would need to come down more than I think it will to make it viable for me. Its a shame Tamiya have priced it so highly in these times.

Already drive the 2011 Avante? Pics and movie please!! :(

Do you really think of the oil price brands like Tamiya lower their qualtiy? Do you think BMW or Volvo would do the same because the oild price and destroy their brandname? NO WAY!!! Besides htat rc plastic molded parts are often reïnforced with graphite to improve strength.

Yes I really do think that brands like Tamiya lower their quality, I think the proof is self evident in their recent products. I know they've made improvements on this model. Carbon plates instead of FRP - Great. Carbon shock towers too - Brilliant. Improved strength front knuckles - Wonderful, but none of those will improve the drive.

I am not complaining that the Avante has been rereleased, I don't think anyone is doing that, the point I was trying to make, albeit borderline facetiously, was that your assertion that this rere will be strong enough to race against modern buggies is wrong.

I admire anyone who races Vintage Tamiya, in the past I have done it myself and it is fantastic fun in a Vintage Tamiya specific class but anyone who thinks that sticking a brushless in an Avante will make it competitive against modern buggies buggies like the 511 and B44 is in for an expensive disappointment.

They're entitled to make that expensive mistake of course, but it's not a racing machine, it's a ornament. It's the supermodel of the RC world - absolutely gorgeous to look at, but rubbish at performing.