RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

I see JR/RC has upped the price of his avante front / rear gold shocks, they were at around $8.00 2 weeks ago...

Yer saw that also... I just manage to get some front ones for his cheaper price before the change.

Yer saw that also... I just manage to get some front ones for his cheaper price before the change.

Perhaps (FINALLY) he is seeing the re-sellers snaffling them and tripling the price, so he figures, if they buy at triple from them they can buy at double from me instead :)

The 104 dosnt have a lipo cut off so I'm using a lipo alarm with my one :D I posted pics earlyer on, on this showing a lipo and alarm inplace

I thought the 104BK comes with Lipo cut off? :)

Extracted from TamiyaUSA:

"The TEU-104BK is equipped with a battery cut-off function to prevent over-discharging of the battery and is compatible with LF batteries."

Nicely built Avante btw ...

LF (Li-FE) cut-off is a different voltage to Li-Po cut off. Using the Li-FE cut-off will damage a 2S Li-Po pack.

I set my ESCs (Castle) to cut off at 5.0v for 2S A123 cells (same cells as used in the Tamiya Li-FE 6.6v packs). I set the cut off at 6.2v for Li-Po 2S 7.4v (3.0v per cell minimum).

It seems Tamiya have done a great job with most of the re-releases so far.

enough instant similarity to please any owner...enough changes to keep the original coveted also.

I had contemplated an Avante in the past but just couldnt justify it due to rarity (i would run it).

As for original's pricing..that is down to the buyer.though personally i would only pay big for as complete and perfect as poss.too many rare and elusive bits to hunt if not.

This new Avante ,if anything, should show just how special some parts for the original are.

Yup those "Original" and different to re-re parts for collectors of the ORIGINAL 58072 avante are listed below.

B Parts (Changes)

C Parts (Strengthened)

E Parts (Different Training bumper)

Press Parts (Mostly different, including those lovely alloy/FRP fragile towers)

Chassis Plates (FRP rather than Carbon)

Body/decal (especially the decal, who wants "Diablo" on their avante?) :rolleyes:

Shocks/Dampers

It seems the only parts the same are:-

A Parts (Bonus)

Z Parts (Yippee)

Undercowl (Who cares, repro available for years lol)

Tyres, Double yippee, now does this then mean its now going to be the front NARROW tyres that become "Oh my god so very rare, buy them now before they go, save time and fuel, buy here!" (sorry quoting several re-sellers there lol).

Wheels (Were always available anway!)

H Parts, gear sets

Double Ball ends

Rocker Arms

D Parts

Anyone else have anything different to add/amend (I may be incorrect on soem of them?)

I think that (double/identical) post of yours needs quantifying, RE-RE beefed up better RUNNER, but certainly not a better LOOKER/SHELFER B)

Re the motor, thats for the bin anyway mate, 1 built shelfer gets technigold and runner gets brushless and NIB gets an NIB technigold motorput in the kit box :rolleyes:

Same here, i kept a few titanium rod sets and a couple of screw sets altho what with all the changes might need the new version now lol, rubber covers i have also ;-)

Will be using my Hitec 7ch set which i use for my planes/helis/boats and cars, one stop shop lol

Was the 86 Avante made with glass reinforced plastic?

The A and B parts i have for the 2011 are marked as "PC-GF" ? and they certainly look/feel like Kyosho-esque material.

the C and E parts are marked "PC" only and look/feel like regular Tamiya material.

If the A+B parts are glass filled then it should be substantiably stronger,and the "crumple zone" parts are the C and E parts.

Oooohh, just ordered an Avante from Germany today, along with a new Spektrum DX3 e radioset.. Can´t wait to get it built, up and running.. :rolleyes: I have never really liked the look of the Avante that much, but i am very keen on finding out how it runs.. :D

Only downside is that i can´t get hold of the original Tamiya-paints here in Denmark, so i have to use another brand of paint. B) Well, i guess pretty much any other brand of Metallic Blue will work. ;)

Cheers.

Michael

#ust thought i would share some info i collected regarding pinions for the Avante old and new.

According to the Avante 2001 manual you can use 12t to 23t pinions with the kit spur.

#f you like the idea of using Tamiya pinions (but not the soft alloy AV ones) heres some numbers for parts ive found.

53063 12t and 13t STEEL 0.6 pinion set (victor101 on ebay) possibly a good buy if you plan mega RPM brushless?

53064 14t and 15t STEEL 0.6 pinion set (not seen lately but check below for alternative way)

3515018 14t STEEL 0.6 pinion on its own (came stock with F103GT,Lotus 79,Wolf WR1,Tyrrell six wheeler,Group C chassis cars,TA03R and TA03F kits)***req confirmation if steel***

3505023 15t STEEL 0.6 pinion on its own (came stock with Buggy Champ 2009 and Sand Scorcher 2010)

3505049 19t STEEL 0.6 pinion on its own (came stock with DF02 chassis buggy's)***req confirmation if steel***

49232 19t Fluorine coated hard anodised aluminium 0.6 pinion Hop Up part

53509 20t Fluorine coated hard anodised aluminium 0.6 pinion Hop Up part

49473 22t Fluorine coated hard anodised aluminium 0.6 pinion Hop Up part

please feel free to add if you are aware of any other Tamiya pinions to fill the gaps.

for the pinions ive listed here are the ratio's you can acheive..

12t = 1:15.27

13t = 1:14.10

14t = 1:13.09 (Dyntech 02H recommended)

15t = 1:12.22

19t = 1:9.54

20t = 1:9.07 (Technigold? recommended ,Sport Tuned kit ratio of Avante 2001)

22t = 1:8.25 (Avante 86 Technigold kit ratio,Avante 2011 GT Tuned kit ratio)

:rolleyes:

Has anyone weighed the new car and compared it to the old one?

- James

Just did it and.... The older one is lighter then the new one!

Using my kitchen scales "I know" I got

1.350kg for the new one

1.300kg for the old one

Again I used an old kitchen scale soo it might not be that good but it shows that the older one is lighter :unsure:

Oooohh, just ordered an Avante from Germany today, along with a new Spektrum DX3 e radioset.. Can´t wait to get it built, up and running.. :unsure: I have never really liked the look of the Avante that much, but i am very keen on finding out how it runs.. :)

Only downside is that i can´t get hold of the original Tamiya-paints here in Denmark, so i have to use another brand of paint. :) Well, i guess pretty much any other brand of Metallic Blue will work. :(

Cheers.

Michael

Got all my ones from eBay as no one has any here also B)

Just did it and.... The older one is lighter then the new one!

Using my kitchen scales "I know" I got

1.350kg for the new one

1.300kg for the old one

Again I used an old kitchen scale soo it might not be that good but it shows that the older one is lighter :unsure:

50gms is actually quite a big difference.

Perhaps the kits include different weight shock oil... B)

Screws, Chassis Plates, Body Moulding, revised damper stays etc etc, all reasons for weight change, i doubt it will be the small amount of oil in 4 shocks :unsure:

B)

It's finaly stopped raining!

Little video for you

It's harder then it looks filming and driving B)

Also to update

I got my Technigold label today and its very nice

outk.jpg

Added it to my original car as the old label was looking very tatty, I could only find one on ebay :/

Ps Just seen this

I think I'll be doing this :unsure:

I'm joining this thread a little late. I just happened upon an Avante in my local RC store, Cruizin With RCs in Waldwick, NJ. He had one sitting on the shelf and unlike my status in my junior year of High School, this time I was able to snap it up. His price was great, and I didn't have to wait for it to arrive, or go thru customs and get all banged up. Now I've gotta go down to the work bench and finish last year's Sand Scorcher project so I can build the Avante!

It's finaly stopped raining!

Little video for you

It's harder then it looks filming and driving ;)

Also to update

I got my Technigold label today and its very nice

outk.jpg

Added it to my original car as the old label was looking very tatty, I could only find one on ebay :/

Ps Just seen this

I think I'll be doing this :(

Thanks for posting up the head turning avante.... juz did mine....din really follow the instruction...