RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

Vellrip on eBay has some tyres up!

Just picked up 4 for £22

There going to be gone fast!

Vellrip on eBay has some tyres up!

Just picked up 4 for £22

There going to be gone fast!

Think I will wait for JR to list some more and get them £11 for a set of 4 ;-)

I just got mine to the runner stage (no shell or wing).

All i can say is WOW

I used a set of buggy wheels and tires i had so as not to damage the OE ones.

Performance with the lrp stock x12 10.5 is more than adequate for my needs, i didnt expect much from it being such an old design but i was very pleasantly suprised. Initially i expected this to be a terrific build and store on shelf kind of thing but now that i have had a run i think more may be in order.

One very pleased RE RE Avante operator.

nice shop M pro :blink:

He's just put 4 more sets of 2 up!

He's just put 4 more sets up 2 up!

Many thanks for the information. Got three pairs now - two for my original Avante and one pair for my Supershot :blink:

Hello,

My Avante is finally done and the sun is shining, so time for some pictures. It should be gently run in the next few days...

First, the almost bare chassis. As you can see, it was built with the Titanium screw set, and alloy part from Pargu2000 and the infamous CTY300. I used the kit ESC and motor, a Hitec HS645-MG servo and a cheap 2,4Ghz receiver. The indoor testing went perfectly!

P1000632.jpg

P1000635.jpg

P1000638.jpg

P1000639.jpg

P1000634.jpg

Now with the wheels, undercowl and wing:

P1000647.jpg

P1000649.jpg

And the shell on. Enjoy!

P1000652.jpg

P1000654.jpg

P1000650.jpg

P1000657.jpg

My Avante is finally done and the sun is shining, so time for some pictures. It should be gently run in the next few days...

P1000647.jpg

Tyres painted inside and out....now that's what I call attention to detail. :blink:

Sayroll, what technique do you use for painting tyre lettering?

Thanks!

Up to now, All the tyres I painted were done with a very fine brush and acrylic paint. Honestly, it's only good for the pictures, since after the first run, the paint is gone.

For a change, I just bought a paint pen, and will try it on the next tyres I do.

Thanks!

Up to now, All the tyres I painted were done with a very fine brush and acrylic paint. Honestly, it's only good for the pictures, since after the first run, the paint is gone.

For a change, I just bought a paint pen, and will try it on the next tyres I do.

Looks great! Can I ask which parts from Pargu and CTY300 you're using?

1.350kg for the new one

1.300kg for the old one

Wow, that's quite a difference. And that's "dry" weight, without motor, RC gear etc?

- James

Looks great! Can I ask which parts from Pargu and CTY300 you're using?

I'll take a guess and say that he is using Pargu2000 E2 and E3 parts and CTY300 C1, C2, and C3 parts.

I have an order with Pargu right now for all of the parts: E2, E3, C1, C2, C3 in black.

From the pictures I've seen, it could be that CTY300's parts look closer to the original than Pargu's, but with all of the negative discussion regarding him in other threads, I decided to buy from Pargu since he's always been a reliable and trustworthy seller, even if he isn't the best at communication (read: slow to respond).

Wow... Looks like some price gouging going on for Avante 2011 tires on eBay...

Hope Tamiya release these as a spare.

- James

I'll take a guess and say that he is using Pargu2000 E2 and E3 parts and CTY300 C1, C2, and C3 parts.

I have an order with Pargu right now for all of the parts: E2, E3, C1, C2, C3 in black.

From the pictures I've seen, it could be that CTY300's parts look closer to the original than Pargu's, but with all of the negative discussion regarding him in other threads, I decided to buy from Pargu since he's always been a reliable and trustworthy seller, even if he isn't the best at communication (read: slow to respond).

Well, you guessed right. I would have bought all the parts from Pargu too, but when I bought them, the C parts weren't listed, and in the end even with the shipping costs, I got a better deal buying from the different sellers.

Wow, that's quite a difference. And that's "dry" weight, without motor, RC gear etc?

- James

Thats with motor and driver as in these pics :P

Can’t help myself... some more pics...

After seeing how nice and shiny my new Avantes are I had to clean up my old one... and man was it dirty...

So after some scrubbing and buffing she’s not looking to bad :P

21295090.jpg

25606615.jpg

15774367.jpg

21896148.jpg

27827305.jpg

Last lot of pics I promise

They look nice. I have emailed 3Racing in Hong Kong to see if they are interested to make ball diff and a main 48pitch spurgear adapter instead of the 3rd diff. Unfortunately I haven't heard from them. Maybe I'll GPM

Just finished mine - first ever boxart I think :(

Almost :)

stripe.jpg

A little off topic.

The titanium screws got me thinking: does anyone think the Egress will be re-re down the road?

The worst has been installing the rubber covers for the ball joints. what sadist came up with the idea?

I'm putting those on as well - great fun aren’t they, hope they are worth it :( I used a tea towel to give me grip to push them on - still difficult but not as bad.

I put two of them on and decided it was too hard to do the rest, if i had planned on regular running in dirt and dust i would have continued but as a tarmac runner on occasion i decided sanity was more important to me.