RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

I finally got one.

My wife bought me one for my B'Day present.

I saw it for sale on another forum . It was 2/3 built and all new with parts still in the blister packs. Came with the rare Hop Up rubber boots for the rose joints. Got it for a steel too. I found it hard to justify the full price they go for that's why i didn't get one. In saying that after you get one you understand very quickly where your money went..

Mine WILL be a runner as with 90% of my collection. I will be getting another body shell & Decals to run it and leave the blue shell for shelf duties LOL.

Will post pics soon.

Awesome looking buggy. In fact with nearly 50 buggies in my hobby room on display everyone goes to the Avante first. What does that say.???

I finally got one.

My wife bought me one for my B'Day present.

I saw it for sale on another forum . It was 2/3 built and all new with parts still in the blister packs. Came with the rare Hop Up rubber boots for the rose joints. Got it for a steel too. I found it hard to justify the full price they go for that's why i didn't get one. In saying that after you get one you understand very quickly where your money went..

Mine WILL be a runner as with 90% of my collection. I will be getting another body shell & Decals to run it and leave the blue shell for shelf duties LOL.

Will post pics soon.

Awesome looking buggy. In fact with nearly 50 buggies in my hobby room on display everyone goes to the Avante first. What does that say.???

Hey me too, I also got mine for my birthday, still sitting NIB for now, gotta build a couple other kits first, look forward to seeing pics of your mate, you always do a great job

Cheers

From tamiyablog....

84256 Avante (2011) Racing Steering Set

What's that all about then? Is this an original hop up from back in the day or something completely new?

From tamiyablog....

What's that all about then? Is this an original hop up from back in the day or something completely new?

might be from the Vjara

might be from the Vjara

I think so. The Vajra uses the Egress/Ball-Race steering system. This is probably just a re-packaging of those parts.

gallery_07.jpg

Hello From Norway, imported my first Tamiya kit since 87, when i was young i had a Hornet, Porsche 959, Supershop, HotShot, Clod Buster and always wanted the avante.

Now im a proud owner of the 2011 Avante. Its going to be a runner so no shelfcar. So far 50% buildt and planning to do lipo and brushless by time.

I cant wait to purchase one. But I just got a 801xt and we are expecting our first child so I will ahve to just stare at my original a lttle longer. Have the ball diffs been released yet? Or does one have to make a kit usng the vjayeayeay parts? have an orginal tg splitter kit but maybe Ill keep in pkg....

From tamiyablog....

I don't think it's completely new. There was a original hop-up 53033 Avante Ball Race Steering Set.

Ok heres mine, no decals.

IMG_1283.jpg

Finnished with decals.

IMG_1300.jpg

I Really took the time on this one. Bad pictures but the car looks awsome. I used black metallic all the way, came out great and the car runs and handles sweet.

Cheers

Here's mine, really enjoyed this build, a great kit for sure

IMG_1879.jpg

Very Nice job.

Just love them in black/ gun metal. Looks so much better than blue.

Is it a runner????

Very Nice job.

Just love them in black/ gun metal. Looks so much better than blue.

Is it a runner????

Thanks mate, I know it should be a runner, would take the Technigold out to run it, haven't yet though

Been driving mine yesterday with new Venom Lipo 5000 mah and the Tamiya SuperStock BT 23T Engine. And all i can say is wow this thing goes like no other. Dont think i need brushless becouse this is enough for me ( and the gears i belive ).

Got one down to 21 teeth on the the pinion and it feels perfect. lets see how long the standard ESC is holding up ay?.

Been driving mine yesterday with new Venom Lipo 5000 mah and the Tamiya SuperStock BT 23T Engine. And all i can say is wow this thing goes like no other. Dont think i need brushless becouse this is enough for me ( and the gears i belive ).

Got one down to 21 teeth on the the pinion and it feels perfect. lets see how long the standard ESC is holding up ay?.

I run that setup in my Vanquish with an 18T steel DF02 pinion. Has crazy rip out of the hole. The extra top speed of the 21T would be cool, but my car is old as dirt so I don't like to drive it really fast. Ball diffs make a HUGE difference in performance. You should try out the newly released ones. They look lightyears better than the old style ball diffs though I imagine they might be a pain to setup. Also $60 is kinda spendy for a hop-up. Not sure about the locked center spur though, I run tripple ball diffs.

Center one-way is really only for racing (makes the brakes 2WD).

Not sure about the locked center spur though, I run tripple ball diffs.

Center one-way is really only for racing (makes the brakes 2WD).

Back in the day I would run balldiffs and the centre diff. The locked centre made the car handle differently.

Basicly the centre diff makes it feel smoother and snappier, I don't know why - but it's very easy to "feel" when driving it.

As for the centre one-way, it is a rubbish idea. I never used that, not on the top force evo either.

The only one-way worth using is if it is a diff mounted one, so that you get full lock on throttle. Otherwise it is just useless really.

Has somebody already installed the new torque splitter/ ball differential set?

I was going to buy it ..until I saw the price tag, not sure if I can justify the cost for a shelfer :)

I was going to buy it ..until I saw the price tag, not sure if I can justify the cost for a shelfer :)

$55 at Stellamodels

I personally love the planetary differential, it's ace imo so i wouldn't spend anything on an upgrade

What do you like about them? I do agree it's a cool design for a diff.

Definitely not worth it if your not running the car. You cannot even see them. Maybe interesting to make a cool diorama like the Tamiya picture to go with the car though:

10161893a.jpg

or:

302153_10150369963390841_585635840_8467426_52033070_n.jpg

What do you like about them? I do agree it's a cool design for a diff.

Definitely not worth it if your not running the car. You cannot even see them. Maybe interesting to make a cool diorama like the Tamiya picture to go with the car though:

10161893a.jpg

or:

302153_10150369963390841_585635840_8467426_52033070_n.jpg

I did buy the BC2009/SS2010 ball diff ... can't skimp on the Avante now can I ...lolz

Keep in mind the Avante diff kit comes with both the front and rear diffs. Usually you'd have to buy each separately for $30 (just thinking about other brands, like Kyosho), so the price isn't all that bad.

Exactly that. You cannot see them admittedly, they are sealed and then put into the gear boxes but i remember seeing them in the Avante video where the top was clear and you could see them revolving.

I wonder if I can get someone to make me a clear gear box :) The same person that made my BC/SS clear mod motor cover

I wonder if I can get someone to make me a clear gear box :) The same person that made my BC/SS clear mod motor cover

NOW THAT WOULD OUTSTANDING!!!

REAR TOP COVER AND FRONT & REAR BOTTOM COVERS.

NOW THAT WOULD OUTSTANDING!!!

REAR TOP COVER AND FRONT & REAR BOTTOM COVERS.

I think the front and rear bottom covers are do-able.

An alternative would be a modification of the current covers? Cutting a chunk out and replacing it with a clear polish plastic?

The rear top cover will be much harder as it's quite curvy

Quick Question regarding the shell..

Do the releases have the 1988 original stamp on the plastic shell?