RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

It's definitely got two vents in the can. I reckon it's a gold tinted version of one of these...

p4270051.jpg

It's definitely got two vents in the can. I reckon it's a gold tinted version of one of these...

p4270051.jpg

Yeah my bet is it would be released with a gold coloured Super Stock but the one with no body is a closed end bell motor not a Super Stock. Who knows whats under the body.

Yeah my bet is it would be released with a gold coloured Super Stock but the one with no body is a closed end bell motor not a Super Stock.

LOL, we will have to agree to disagree. To me it definitely looks like it has a removeable end bell.

hi folks, just looked on the tamiya website, they have a write-up and the old video for the Avante in the coming soon section!! this will be one for my birthday. always wondered what the performance would be like with a brushless set-up?

Could be a standard 540, one of the 24,000 rpm jobs of course! haha

Is there such a thing as a standard 540 with two vents on the same side of the can?

I'd be a bit disappointed if they did not put a high spec motor in the kit. This is their all guns blazing, chest beating re-release and it deserves an exotic motor to accompany the car. Especially for the price it will cost!

LOL, we will have to agree to disagree. To me it definitely looks like it has a removeable end bell.

Yes it is hard to see. It was what appears to be green and yellow wires that is throwing me. I have only ever seen them on standard silver cans. Either way i guess we agree it is not a Technigold. I think a Super Stock would make sense. A standard 540 in such a great car would be a travesty.

From that still on the previous page, it almost looks like they have ball-raced the quad bell crank steering. That would sure be a nice touch...

Its looking good to me, gonna get myself one of these for a beach runner (I do all my running on the beach n dunes as its only about 300yds from my house lol), should be a good basher with a bit of luck and spares a plenty no doubt when JR starts kit splitting lol.

... this bad boy is definitely deserving of something special.

I agree... How abouts a Transpeed MS 10T motor on one of these nutters? I have one spare that I was saving for a special occasion like this. Or would it be too much for it?

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A thing of pure beuty!! Thank you Mr Tamiya for bringing this baby back out. The structural improvements and use of some different stickers do not deter from it at all!!!!!!

PS It looks like the Avante comes with the optional titanium rods.

I'm definitely buying one to accompany my original one... Looks to be pretty close to the original with better parts... :lol:

Pin spikes look the same from the original! Yipee!

The shocks' anodizing looks to be of a slightly different color.. Maybe just lighting?

With all of the structural improvements it just might be alot of fun to run now. And maybe one you studs with some skill could race it against new buggies.

Some new photos:

img1675_20112010172211_4.jpg

Glad to see my eyesight is not deserting me in my old age. :P

Pity they didn't spray it gold though. How easy would this be to do ourselves? Anyone ever sprayed a motor to resemble a Technigold?

P.S "Diablo Engineering". I'd love to know who comes up with these names....at least it's not as bad as "Brite Lite" though. :lol:

Diablo engineering?, shame they lost Spacetech lol

You beat me to it. :lol:

Less posting on forums Willy, more printing original Avante sticker sheets!! :lol:

Ample stack ready & waiting :P

An Avante Ebay auction ended this morning with a NIB Avante going for around the $1500 USD mark.

What were they going for before? 4 or 5 grand?

dun think so... never did saw them go over $2k much but i'm haven't been keeping close stats

img1675_20112010172211_4.jpg

interesting they've kept the original motor plate that needs the flanged nut; not the later unit with the captive nut

Wish they put threaded shock body instead...

Any close up on the front end? I wonder if any improvements are made on the front shock tower or some sort of reinforcement

Wish they put threaded shock body instead...

Any close up on the front end? I wonder if any improvements are made on the front shock tower or some sort of reinforcement

You could always pop on aeration dampers. :lol: