RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

Mine is the 14th! ;)

....and mine is January 30th. That £300 will be burning a hole in my pocket for a couple of weeks if I'm not careful. :lol:

Mine is September the 6th :lol: BUT I preordered already one so why wait for your birthday?;)

Where is a good place to preorder? I am in the UK, but can NOT afford UK prices!

Buying from overseas is no problem for me.

Any recommendations? Gotta have this!!!

Where is a good place to preorder? I am in the UK, but can NOT afford UK prices!

You simply cannot go wrong with Stella Models. I have had 8 kits from them and the service has always been 1st class. Even better is that I have yet to pay a single penny in import duty when buying from them so I have all my fingers and toes crossed that the Avante will be lucky number 9.

When I bought a Top Force from them a few years ago I ordered it at 10pm on a Thursday night. The kit was at my door the following Monday morning. :lol:

....and mine is January 30th. That £300 will be burning a hole in my pocket for a couple of weeks if I'm not careful. :lol:

OMG mine is the 29th! It's like a Gift from Tamiya (only that we have to pay for it)

Had good luck with rc-champ so I've pre-ordered from them again

You simply cannot go wrong with Stella Models. I have had 8 kits from them and the service has always been 1st class. Even better is that I have yet to pay a single penny in import duty when buying from them so I have all my fingers and toes crossed that the Avante will be lucky number 9.

When I bought a Top Force from them a few years ago I ordered it at 10pm on a Thursday night. The kit was at my door the following Monday morning. B)

I have preordered from Stella before, but I don't see any details for the new Avante.

Any overseas companies got them available for preorder at the right price?

Had good luck with rc-champ so I've pre-ordered from them again

thanks mate I will have a look!

and i did.

their site is a baffling ordeal. anyone got a link to the avante on there?

thanks mate I will have a look!

and i did.

their site is a baffling ordeal. anyone got a link to the avante on there?

It's been discussed a couple post back, but basically email their international division (Masa handles their International Sale). Let him know you want to be on the pre-order list and he will reply back politely with the price and confirmation.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry392525

... Stella Models. I have had 8 kits from them and the service has always been 1st class. Even better is that I have yet to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX so I have all my fingers and toes crossed that the Avante will be lucky number 9 ...

shhhh ... you are not suppose to reveal that ... in that manner i mean ... B)

ok,so i got about $384.00 u.s. dollar as a price....that sound about right?

ok,so i go about $384.00 u.s. dollar as a price....that sound about right?

Depends on exchange rate. I would put aside $400USD just to be on the safe side. Extra can always go towards an extra shell B)

i don't think this video has been posted here before but here's video of the Avante 2011 at the show. Towards the end you can see the optional slicks available. afterall Avante does look like F-1 car with slicks :-) I'm debating if I should sell my new build shelf queen and get the 2011 as runner. I can only have one not both. Looks like I got 3 months to find an excuse to explain to wife this is the last Tamiya kit this time.. lol here's the video

Everything looks sharp. The rear gear case cover looks similar to the "GF" plastic on the DB01. I hope the front gear box is the same. The shocks are polished to perfection.

Man, February can't get here fast enough. My B-day is on the 13th. What better way to celebrate than with an Avante.

Everything looks sharp. The rear gear case cover looks similar to the "GF" plastic on the DB01. I hope the front gear box is the same. The shocks are polished to perfection.

Man, February can't get here fast enough. My B-day is on the 13th. What better way to celebrate than with an Avante.

Avante + two chicks at the same time?

Avante + two chicks at the same time?

Avante, good lash up with your mates then 2 chicks at same time with "NO Strings attached" B)

As I child I used to stand at the counter of Beatties and just gaze at the beauty of the Avante, nothing was said but everyone new the Avante was the king, maybe, just maybe I will own an Avante.

.. nothing was said but everyone new the Avante was the king,

Quote of the thread! And exactly why this is going to be a success for Tamiya. :lol:

A bit of a sidetrack ... but good friend of mine (photomic) sent me this link which I think is way cool ...

TTGAVANTE.jpg

If that is a custom one-off it is incredible work.

If not.... Well, even less money in the bank for me.

A bit of a sidetrack ... but good friend of mine (photomic) sent me this link which I think is way cool ...

TTGAVANTE.jpg

That is so cool! :) At first it just seems like a GB03 with an Avante shell - or let's say, that's what I'd expect. Then when you get the closeup views, you see there are two shocks on front without a shock tower like the Avante, adjustable rear toe with links like on the Avante, and then all this is confirmed when the body is taken off! :lol:

So has he had a phone call from Tamiya yet, offering a fair few quid for his design so they can put it into production!?

So how hard is it to file down or cut graphite? I want to install one of my brushless novaks in there. Maybe I will use an original top plate.

So how hard is it to file down or cut graphite? I want to install one of my brushless novaks in there. Maybe I will use an original top plate.

You'll need to use diamond files and probably a good idea to wear mask as graphite dust = bad for your lungs

You'll need to use diamond files and probably a good idea to wear mask as graphite dust = bad for your lungs

While the mask is sound advice to avoid breathing carbon dust, diamond tools are not necessary whatsoever. All you need is a rotary tool like a Dremel, and it will cut as easy as anything. I know because I've had to modify many chassis in my time. My Dremel with different shaped cutting stone bits makes short work of carbon chassis decks. In fact, you need to be extra careful not to cut too far as it is quite easy to go too deep.

I've even used a 20+ year old hobby file to fillet all my edges. Then I polished all the plates with a set of wet-sanding cloths as seen here.

MSXX-MRE-1.jpg