RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

Tuning the Avante?

Can you use the center ball diff as a sort of slipper clutch? Ie run it a little loose to take the shock and abuse out of the drive line.

Tuning the Avante?

Can you use the center ball diff as a sort of slipper clutch? Ie run it a little loose to take the shock and abuse out of the drive line.

You'll probably end up melting the ball diff instead if it slips too much

Not with carbide diff balls, also the invention of the ball diff was meaned to give some slip to the wheels for accelaration

Not with carbide diff balls, also the invention of the ball diff was meaned to give some slip to the wheels for accelaration

The melting happens on the plastic gear

Depends on the material, pinion etc. I have never had problems with melting diff gears in my cars even not with a high revving brushless motor.

Looks like tower has already dropped the price... it's now $499.99, down $120 so far... getting closer for me to think about picking up. I don't have any attachment to it from a youth stand point, but it's still a pretty big car to re-re. They have already re-re most of what I was after, the only big ones left are the Fox and Wild one...

John

They have already re-re most of what I was after, the only big ones left are the Fox and Wild one...

Oh come now, I'm sure you can think of a few more to add to that list. What about the 959 and Egress?

- J

...just ordered my ball dif and one way upgrade! A certian popular auction site has 4 left!

Check out the avante details in Tamiya RC book in the Japanese tamiya website http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products/63408...t2011/index.htm

Hmm, I thought I saw a Vanquish/egress/avante2001 at the bottom.

All the spare parts....

Is this the big bang before the re-re series ends ie. The production of the 4 cars in the avante series. Lol

Your eyes are better than mine... :unsure:

For sure I do not want to miss the Vanquish & female ogre if re-re'd. Their 1/32 junior versions are side by side in my display shelf. Currently one is Away and the other is Way out running... so Tamiya please beam them 1/10 version up back to me. :unsure:

Check out the avante details in Tamiya RC book in the Japanese tamiya website http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products/63408...t2011/index.htm

Hmm, I thought I saw a Vanquish/egress/avante2001 at the bottom.

All the spare parts....

Is this the big bang before the re-re series ends ie. The production of the 4 cars in the avante series. Lol

You're right! Wonder what gives there?

I wish I could read Japanese!

Your eyes are better than mine... :unsure:

Here is a trick for you, right click and save as.... Open with Windows picture viewer and zoom 10% in, now you can see more detail than on the original webpage :)

Well Ive got my Novak Brushless and Lipos waiting and just ordered a egress ball dif upgrade for the Avante. Now a question, and I bet 94 can anaswer. What combination of Ball difs, gear difs, center ball diff, and one way have you guys ran and liked the best? My TF EVO and its dual ball dif and one way is a turning demon should I just go the Egress set up? Will running the Avante center diff and one way be counter effective? Im thinking the center ball dif might protect the gear train a litte. Ideas?

Well Ive got my Novak Brushless and Lipos waiting and just ordered a egress ball dif upgrade for the Avante. Now a question, and I bet 94 can anaswer. What combination of Ball difs, gear difs, center ball diff, and one way have you guys ran and liked the best? My TF EVO and its dual ball dif and one way is a turning demon should I just go the Egress set up? Will running the Avante center diff and one way be counter effective? Im thinking the center ball dif might protect the gear train a litte. Ideas?

Since you will have them all, just give em a try. I run my Vanquish with tripple diffs and it runs quite well. Unfortunatelty, the only racing I did was on Traxxas Anaconda tires. I personally believe that the smaller diameter front tires resulted in considerable understeer on the track. Kinda a shame considering how it handles in the dirt with just spire-spikes mounted on star-dish wheels. With this setup it would turn on a dime...

With a set of DF03 wheels and decent tires, I believe you will be ready to start tuning the car. Otherwise, just run it stock.

Since you will have them all, just give em a try. I run my Vanquish with tripple diffs and it runs quite well. Unfortunatelty, the only racing I did was on Traxxas Anaconda tires. I personally believe that the smaller diameter front tires resulted in considerable understeer on the track. Kinda a shame considering how it handles in the dirt with just spire-spikes mounted on star-dish wheels. With this setup it would turn on a dime...

With a set of DF03 wheels and decent tires, I believe you will be ready to start tuning the car. Otherwise, just run it stock.

Yes sir I agree, Ive got my Avante MkII wheels on the way too!

You're right! Wonder what gives there?

I wish I could read Japanese!

The title in that small box story with the other 3 cars roughly reads: 'Avante's other machines'. Not "we are re-issuing all of them!".

The title in that small box story with the other 3 cars roughly reads: 'Avante's other machines'. Not "we are re-issuing all of them!".

Heh heh. Why introduce the family members & not let us shake their hands? Why Tamiya tease us? :P I hope & keep my fingers crossed....