RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

People that were trying to sell pin spikes for £50 a pair on ebay last year must be wishing they'd said yes to the "best offer " of £25!

Don't worry, they're included. Follow these simple steps:

1. Build car.

2. Run car until the spikes on the tires wear down (and they will do this rather quickly).

3. Admire your new slicks!

LOL, good one! Only problem with that is mine is destined to go no further than the shelf. Got any better ideas? :huh:

LOL, good one! Only problem with that is mine is destined to go no further than the shelf. Got any better ideas? B)

Buy 2. Keep one as shelfer. Run pants off of other. :huh:

Buy 2. Keep one as shelfer. Run pants off of other. :huh:

Unfortunately my wallet will not allow that either. Over the last 3 weeks I have forked out for a NIB Boomerang, NIB Nismo Skyline GTR and impulsively swooped for a NIB Black Porsche 934 so only one Avante is allowed. To add to that I forsee shelling out again on the forthcoming McLaren MP4 re-re...oh and did I mention that I'm really wanting a Tundra, Ferrari F60 and the probable Blitzer Beetle re-re??

TC2011 is gonna hammer my poor old bank account.....

Noticed the front suspension rocker arms are still in die-cast quality. If anyone wants to run their car hard, you better get some spare rocker arms. They can break easily.

.................. impulsively swooped for a NIB Black Porsche 934 ..............

How is my 934 :huh: glad you got it ok

How is my 934 :huh: glad you got it ok

She's doing well. All packed away now as I'm about to go on holiday as I mentioned. B)

Must admit I'm not a believer in keeping stuff forever NIB but this one is tempting, it's a beautifully presented kit, however it will get built eventually.

Dunno why I didn't swoop for one when they first came out as they were available for £80 from RCChamp....still pleased with the one you were offering though as it was good value compared to what they are fetching nowadays, so cheers. :)

What size is the Avante box? Is it the Hotshot/Frog sized one or the Buggy Champ/Scorcher variant? It certainly looks pretty hefty!

I've heard its SRB sized.

Correct, I added some more updates.

That's an awesome build, are you planning to do any modification ;)

Not at this time, my plate is full and had to stop other projects to get this built.

What link is the build progress???

Correct, I added some more updates.

Joe does the body undercowl come with a protection seal like other manufacturers?

People that were trying to sell pin spikes for £50 a pair on ebay last year must be wishing they'd said yes to the "best offer " of £25!

yay to these :) pin spike Super Gripper 'R'

35b.jpg

but no skinny 'F' until the Supershot gets re-re'd huh... ;)

yay to these :) pin spike Super Gripper 'R'

35b.jpg

but no skinny 'F' until the Supershot gets re-re'd huh... ;)

Oddly, old stock of the skinny Super Gripper 'F' pin spike fronts can still be had relatively easily and cheaply...

- J

I have never had the pleasure of running an Avante before (i'm perhaps using the term 'pleasure' loosely then!) but i have driven a Vanquish and it was superb.

Is there anyone on TC that has owned both and driven both and can either confirm or deny their similarities on the track, or in my case a relatively boring flat road? :lol:

I run an Egress... like the Vanquish it has LongerWB and is much more stable around a track

Avante's same-sized tyres makes it darty unstable, also lots of slop in the steering so its not very precise.

Egress has skinny front tyres + oneway to front so if you need to pull the tail around just do a handbrake turn.

Limited ground clearance on both so belly-slapping is commonplace.

They'll run great on a undulating flat track, don't take it jumping on a BMX course.

best price ive found shipped is on (www.rpphobby.com) works out at 325 pounds ,what id like to know is what sorta money ontop will you have to folk out for import tax's?

Are the c parts different on the new Avante? People are still trying to flogging them for $70 on the bay?

Are the c parts different on the new Avante? People are still trying to flogging them for $70 on the bay?

Bargain!!

They used to go for 300 bucks!

Bargain!!

They used to go for 300 bucks!

Lol, did anybody ever pay that? I recall paying around 55 about 5 years ago.