RA1028

Avante Coming Soon

Can't find RC Mart Avante listing .....maybe my eyes are painted on :angry:

AU $492.81 +AU $60.34 posted C'mon Jason I am choking on that price !!! ,would be better off buying the kit with the esc included and purchasing the t-shirt seperatly and still save .

Any chance someone could PM me with RC Mart's link to the Avante plz :)

Glad you found the link Stuart. :D Yes the extra USD$130 for a T. cough, cough

Dont forget with RC Mart they have the "Bank charge" which makes it only around $15USD cheaper than Stella (RCMart EMS postage is higher) and Stella are known for quality packing and fast shipping. Sometimes RCMart can be a little slow to ship, just a thought :angry:

Have any of you from good old USA ordered a kit from the UK or Japan? If so was there a savings? Ie the kit was 360 but was chsarged 100 in shipping?

Dont forget with RC Mart they have the "Bank charge" which makes it only around $15USD cheaper than Stella (RCMart EMS postage is higher) and Stella are known for quality packing and fast shipping. Sometimes RCMart can be a little slow to ship, just a thought :angry:

Good Point. Darn Bank Charge. I thought it was too good to be true, I got to the checkout stage on RCmart and Stella and they are about the same cost overall. EMS cheaper with Stella.

Good Point. Darn Bank Charge. I thought it was too good to be true, I got to the checkout stage on RCmart and Stella and they are about the same cost overall. EMS cheaper with Stella.

I don't even bother checking anymore.....Stella has consistently matched prices once you take into consideration all the extra charges, so I just order from them.

3 Avante's paid for this morning :)

Downside is they are my birthday present.....so not allowed to even open the shipping box until the 14th Feb!! :angry:

Thankyou kindly good sir !!!

:angry:

I could almost afford 2 if I sell that kidney that has become redundant :D

It might be worth it :)

Ordered mine this morning from Stella, looking fwd to the build and first run :D

Still waiting to be invoiced from Rc-Champ anybody else in the same boat ? .

If he does not hurry up I will shop elsewhere and probably get a better price I pre-ordered the t-shirt edition but if Jason's prices are anything to go by I will not be buying that edition,I would much rather buy the kit with the esc in it and buy the "T" seperatly and just throw it in the box.

Ordered mine this morning from Stella, looking fwd to the build and first run :D

How many did you fork out for mate ?.And how much all up posted to Aussie please ?.

Cheers Bud .

$497.23 aud delivered to me, and i reckon i paid $50 too much

Still waiting to be invoiced from Rc-Champ anybody else in the same boat ? .

If he does not hurry up I will shop elsewhere and probably get a better price I pre-ordered the t-shirt edition but if Jason's prices are anything to go by I will not be buying that edition,I would much rather buy the kit with the esc in it and buy the "T" seperatly and just throw it in the box.

How many did you fork out for mate ?.And how much all up posted to Aussie please ?.

Cheers Bud .

G'Day Swarm,

I was in the same boat, RcChamp havent gotten back to me so I just went with Stella, Jr-rc is selling the T-Shirts if you want them for around $34AUD :D If his kits were about $90 cheaper I would have gone with Jason.

I bought One and it was $69USD for EMS postage + $400USD for the kit. It was a little more than RcMart but have only heard good things about Stellas packing so paid the extra (CorpseThrower advised they are good aswell). RC Mart are charging $452USD for the kit sent EMS to Aus, so $17USD difference.

cheers

EDIT: When I stop and think about it I still cant believe I'm buying an Avante :D I bought a 2nd hand one when I was 19 and here it is again!

Thanks guys for your reply its much appreciated :D

I am going to have to shop around I think and give Rc-Champ the flick .

More kits will come out from different suppliers in the coming days .

I have purchased from Stella in the past myself and have nothing but praise for them ,I noticed in RcMart listing he did not mention the bonus wheels and I dont think he had a picture of the kit ,its just blank would be better if he had a pic so you caould actually see what you were buying .

Thanks again .

Still waiting to be invoiced from Rc-Champ anybody else in the same boat ?

I stopped receiving replies from RC Champ last week so I figured that I'd contact a few other sellers and go with whoever got back to me first. Stella was first so I ordered my kit from them as soon as they got it listed on their site. In hindsight that probably wasn't the smart move but I've heard that they're really good with prices and their packing of kits so I figured that if they costed a few more bucks it'd be worth it. The T-shirt isn't included but no biggie as I don't think I'd actually wear it even if it'd fit my "slightly larger than I'd like to admit" size. That being said I've just ordered an XL sized (jap size) T-shirt from Jason because I bought a few other parts.

I reckon it'd be worth asking Stella if they would match RC Champ... if they are going to loose a sale they may well do it.

Worth a shot :D

James

I've just ordered an XL sized (jap size) T-shirt from Jason because I bought a few other parts.

AAArrrgggghhh. I sent payment to Jason then noticed that he now has the Avante damper cylinders listed... and he won't hold my order so that I can add them to it. :D Oh well. I just calculated how much the complete dampers would cost me and, quite simply, if I added all the spares I wanted for my Avante I could just buy another kit. I think I'll do without for now. :D

AAArrrgggghhh. I sent payment to Jason then noticed that he now has the Avante damper cylinders listed... and he won't hold my order so that I can add them to it. :D Oh well. I just calculated how much the complete dampers would cost me and, quite simply, if I added all the spares I wanted for my Avante I could just buy another kit. I think I'll do without for now. :D

I'm going to wait a few weeks until I purchase some 2011 Avante parts @ jr-rc, hopefully the frenzy will have subsided a little....I noticed the A & B parts have been snapped up already today, not surprising they are a great price.

I'm going to wait a few weeks until I purchase some 2011 Avante parts @ jr-rc, hopefully the frenzy will have subsided a little....I noticed the A & B parts have been snapped up already today, not surprising they are a great price.

Aye its the usual suspects snapping everything up lol, Buggyman (tamiya_rc_car_spares), modelbuild (using his bobzy20 buying account) and a few others too, i even think my mother was planning on getting involved from what she said yesterday although not spoken to her today about it so cannot confirm nor deny that lol.

IM sure JR will be splitting about 1000 kits so no rush (plus spares will be available in a few weeks).

Buy from the USofA. Apparently none of the kits come sealed direct from Tamiya Japan but get sealed in the US or something. I'm not too clear the the details but this is what I gather.

edit:

Or you could buy your own sealing kit and seal them yourself! That's what I'm going to do with my boxes before I store them. I'm not much of a collector but you never know what they'll be worth in the future if they're in good condition.

(quote) Here is mine (arrived yesterday from Singapore):

The box:

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/.../avante2011.jpg?

The box opened:

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/...d/avantebox.jpg

Chassis build so far:

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/...assisavante.jpg

Today I will add the shocks and electronics. Tomorrow it will be finishes with the painting of the bodyparts and driver figure

What tax did you get stung for fella?

None! Haha!

I reckon it'd be worth asking Stella if they would match RC Champ... if they are going to loose a sale they may well do it.

Worth a shot :D

James

Never got a price from RC Champ so can't really ask Stella to match it :D

Actually I stand corrected James Rc Champ put this on his thread on 21st November 2010 regarding the Japanese t-shirt release.

"Yesterday night, I"ve received infomation regarding Avante.

Tamiya announced finalize price for this kit. Our price was 31000Yen, but since Tamiya changed price, our price going to be 32200Yen.

Best regards

Masa"

Which roughly equates to 32,200.00 JPY = 392.085 USD ,but since Jason has been one of the first to list the t-shirt edition for US $490.00 maybe Rc-Champ can't live up to his promised 32200 Yen.

I am not in a hurry anyway ,I think it might be better to wait a tad until the hype dies down and try and snag a couple of kits then :D

You wouldn't believe what I found amongst my spares... I've got an Avante undercowl! I got it with a parts lot some time back (with a heinously crushed vintage Sand Scorcher shell :D) and I've just dug it out because I thought it looked familiar. I've never owned an Avante so I wasn't sure until last night when I read over JAnderson's build. I think its a ***** one but it doesn't matter if it's original or not because I'm going to use it with the spare body I just ordered from Jason. Saved me a little bit of money. What a bonus, eh? :D

Hey guys congrats on your kits. Those of you in the good old USA who ordered from the UK or other what was the total cost including shipping?

Also preordered at RCchamp but have not heard from them since december. They stopped replying to my mails so I bought the kit at Stella yesterday and its on its way now! Cant wait to get my hands on it! :D

****, RCRacer have painted shell silver and done a Stig!!..that is what I was going to do...oh, well back to the drawing board, will have to change my old racing colours as I bet everyone will be doing that now....brown seems to be the colour of the moment in 1:1?!...