Sign in to follow this  
jerzirccar

YOU BYE SAND SCORCHER GET SUPER CHAMP

GUYS!!

One guy on the ebay are selling the SUPER CHAMP gear case and he say in the description that it will fit SAND SCORCHER, FORD, ROUGH RIDER TOO. The problem is the rear arms they are different. I promise you that SAND SCORCHER arms will not fit SUPER CHAMP gear case(you must drill bigger hole in the arms), I promise you that SUPER CHAMP arms will not fit SAND SCORCHER gear case if you don`t drill bigger hole in the SAND SCORCHER gear case(who is the first to do that). Do you think guys I`m wrong in this case. Here is the link to the item.

Thanks

Jerry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcIS...tem=1770932698+

Your right Jerry, this guy probably just doesn't know the difference between the Rough Rider /Sand Scorcher gear case and a Super Champ one. If that gear case came from that bag in the pic then most likely it's for a Rough Rider /Sand Scorcher. The hole for the rear A-arm mount looks like it would use the smaller pin from a Rough Rider /Sand Scorcher than the larger suspension arm mount from the Super Champ.

That's the problem with some Tamiya stuff. You think it is the same but there is just a slight difference to make it not work.

Jim

logo_member2.gif

Edited by - Shodog on 25 Sep 2002 22:26:33

HI!

I`m the guy in the description he is talking about! Have you now see what he have done. He took it out of auction, what does that mean? It looks like it is an real original SC gear case.

Jerry

If the guy is honest then I would think that he first replied to you in the auction saying it would fit because he thought it did. Then he looked a little more and realized he was wrong.

Yeah i agree. I just told a new seller about his new Scorcher wheels. Said they were for Rough Rider as well. told him and now has changed his description and notified the bidder. Not everyone knows the little differences but if we can help, it just makes the hobby better for everyone. Can't stand people buying something that is not as described, its just not fair.

HI!

YEEH what happend next was that the guy mailed me that he was wrong and I was right. He just say sorry and I think that was really cool of him. I think I could help this guy in something!!

Jerry