skinned

Stadium Blitzer 2010 Re-re

Does anyone know when this rere is going to be released? Before the Avante or at the same time? Just trying to work out my finances !

I imagine the Blitzer will be out before Christmas. The Avante is due out in Feb 2011 I think.

I've never liked truglies myself.

:P Just like I don't really like those ultra-stretched crawlers...

Anyway, would you admit that for a Stadium Truck this is about as good as it gets regarding the looks? :P I think it's one of (many) examples where Tamiya just makes a timeless design, it still doesn't look outdated, it never will, and they managed to deliver among the best ever looking Stadium Trucks (although for you perhaps that means the least ugly :D )

Anyway, would you admit that for a Stadium Truck this is about as good as it gets regarding the looks? :P I think it's one of (many) examples where Tamiya just makes a timeless design, it still doesn't look outdated, it never will, and they managed to deliver among the best ever looking Stadium Trucks (although for you perhaps that means the least ugly :D )

If you mean after the body gets replaced with a Blitzer Beetle shell, then yes, this is by far the best ever looking stadium truck! :P

If you mean after the body gets replaced with a Blitzer Beetle shell, then yes, this is by far the best ever looking stadium truck! :P

It's not technically a truck then :P I might have to buy another one and a Sand scorcher body set now hehe :D

I usually hate stadium trucks and truggies

But only Tamiya can make me actually want one!

The looks of the truck are just right!

Are we taking bets yet that the Blitzer Beatle will be next? Surely since they have re re this chassis they will do more than one car on it.

Are we taking bets yet that the Blitzer Beatle will be next? Surely since they have re re this chassis they will do more than one car on it.

It would be stupid not to considering the Scorcher release and this re-re: use this chassis, relocate the front mounting hole on the scorcher shell and add a set of body mounts = re-re blitzer beetle. I think they would be insane not to.

I'm buying a few if they do.

It would be stupid not to considering the Scorcher release and this re-re: use this chassis, relocate the front mounting hole on the scorcher shell and add a set of body mounts = re-re blitzer beetle. I think they would be insane not to.

I'm buying a few if they do.

Or an Ford Ranger?

This is my Stadium Blitzer which has only been run 4 times.

The Ranger shell is undergoing some resto work but will be staying plain blue without decals.

IMG_1446.jpg

Tower Hobbies has it for pre-order now: Stadium Blitzer 2010

Price is US $179.99.

Definitely more expensive than the original, but with a Tower Super Saver Club coupon (to get the max 20% off ($50 off $250)) and buying some other items to get to $250, the price becomes more reasonable. I've ordered mine plus some other parts I needed!

but with a Tower Super Saver Club coupon (to get the max 20% off ($50 off $250)) and buying some other items to get to $250, the price becomes more reasonable.

You just made somebody's day at Tower Hobbies marketing department. :)

I've noticed over the years that it is virtually impossible to ever get a 20% or more discount from this retailer. Everything conveniently adds up to about 10-15% off or maybe free shipping. If you stack the free shipping with the max possible discount and deduct the cost of buying into the club to get the max discount ... it winds up to be about ---- wait for it ------ 10-15%.

This is one of those moments where you know the trap and step right into anyway by filling up your cart with an extra $30 worth of stuff to get about $30 off the total. Don't get me wrong, I've done it myself - figuring if I'm gonna spend the $30 I might as well get something rather than donating it to shipping costs - but it never seems quite satisfying enough.

I've noticed over the years that it is virtually impossible to ever get a 20% or more discount from this retailer. Everything conveniently adds up to about 10-15% off or maybe free shipping. If you stack the free shipping with the max possible discount and deduct the cost of buying into the club to get the max discount ... it winds up to be about ---- wait for it ------ 10-15%.

This is one of those moments where you know the trap and step right into anyway by filling up your cart with an extra $30 worth of stuff to get about $30 off the total. Don't get me wrong, I've done it myself - figuring if I'm gonna spend the $30 I might as well get something rather than donating it to shipping costs - but it never seems quite satisfying enough.

I'll be waiting for the Hong Kong prices. They are generally 20-25% cheaper than Tower Hobbies and for us here in Oz cheaper shipping, we don't get the benefit of free shipping from Tower

There is no denying that you have to be a pretty heavy user of Tower Hobbies to gain any significant discounts with them.

But, I am one of those people, at least lately.

I almost always use the $50 off $250 or $60 off $300 coupon when ordering from Tower because those two coupons are the only ones that are 20%.

The lower amount ones are like 17.5% and less.

Non-member coupons, like those on the Tower front page, are always low-end. You *must* be a SSC member to get the best coupons. You have to pay to play.

As a SSC member, there is always a set of 7 coupon codes available for me to use, each for a different order price range. You get a new set of coupon codes each month, but the ranges and coupon amounts are the same every time, so it's very nice to know that I can save 20% whatever price I see on the site provided I have enough to order to reach $250. That's the "gotcha" you mentioned. :lol: Sometimes it's difficult to get to $250. So, you just throw in a Hornet or Hotshot kit and you're set! (I kid, I kid)

I just looked at my orders for 2010 at Tower.

Adding all of the coupons, I got something like $760 in coupon savings. Yeah, it's a little ridiculous, I'll admit. Kind of scary to see that number, actually. That's what I *saved*, not spent. Anyway...

All of that for a $20 2-year Super Saver Club membership that I got back in 2009 sometime. Was it worth it? Yes, very much so, *for me*.

If you don't order much, paying the $9.99 yearly membership fee probably isn't worth it since you can use the "free" coupons on the front page of the Tower website.

Also, I agree with you about the maximum discounts from Tower. I've personally never seen better than 20% as a SSC member, either. I was even a "Gold Preferred Member" a couple times this past year (it only lasts like 15 days since I don't order *that* much stuff), but the highest coupon was still $500 off $2500 (20%).

Still, 20% off and free shipping is a pretty good deal, I think. Maybe I'm brainwashed at this point, but I've used the coupons so many times over the past couple of years that I've saved over a thousand dollars - and it's all stuff I really wanted to buy anyway, and honestly could not find a cheaper place to order from, Hong Kong, Japan and eBay included. Believe me, I look and compare prices, always.

Back to the Stadium Blitzer. I bought some tires, wheels, a couple of receiver crystals that I needed, plus the Stadium Blitzer re-re for $250 - $50 = $200, shipped.

20% off the $180 price of the Blitzer ($36) gives $144. That is the actual cost of the kit, including shipping. I'd be interested if any seller beats that.

Now, it has happened that Tower prices stuff high initially, especially if the item is newly-added to their database. Later they may update the price lower to reflect the actual price. I've had that happen with the original Buggy Champ in 2009. The price dropped $10 or $20 after I had already backordered it. I asked Tower Ordering/Customer Support, via email, if they would price match the backorder, and they did.

I guess that for my particular situation, I think I can make the prices of stuff competitive to, and usually less than, any other seller.

But, as southy says, Tower is not the best for everyone. He can't get free shipping, I guess, so he can possibly do better by ordering from a Hong Kong seller.

I just think it's cool that Tamiya decided to re-release the Stadium Blitzer! Whooppee! :D

I just think it's cool that Tamiya decided to re-release the Stadium Blitzer! Whooppee! :)

Amen brother! I'll be ordering one as the one I've got at the moment is getting rather tired. Still tough as old boots, but the chassis is more scratch than plastic and I don't know how many motors I've burned up. Nothing else really breaks. Rear tires are on the endangered list too.

Yes, taking into account the "two from each chassis" policy that has applied to practically all of the re-releases the BB would appear to be a shoe-in. I hope so as I prefer it to the Stadium Blitzer.

On a side note I am increasingly of the opinion that the Monster Beetle will not get a re-release, unless Tamiya decide to discontinue some of the other Monster Trucks they have.

Yes, taking into account the "two from each chassis" policy that has applied to practically all of the re-releases the BB would appear to be a shoe-in. I hope so as I prefer it to the Stadium Blitzer.

On a side note I am increasingly of the opinion that the Monster Beetle will not get a re-release, unless Tamiya decide to discontinue some of the other Monster Trucks they have.

I could actually see them banging a Scorcher shell on a Wild Dagger or Mighty Bull chassis

and calling it a Monster Beetle Re-re though. Might cause some howling amongst the TC natives, but it could be done....

Hi

is that ALL it takes to convert the stadium blitzer to blitzer beetle?

I have a spare SS2010 body but hate to do extensive modifications...

Thanks

is that ALL it takes to convert the stadium blitzer to blitzer beetle?

I have a spare SS2010 body but hate to do extensive modifications...

I think so - at least I'm going to try it. I recently bought an SS2010 Scorcher body to do exactly this. I compared the SS2010 & the Blitzer {original} shells side-by-side and that front mounting hole is the only difference I can see in terms of fitment. I know there are differences b/w the re-re and the vintage SS shell but for this purpose only, I don't see any problems.

I can't see how just changing the body posts for Blitzer Beetle ones and drilling a new front body post hole in the bonnet wouldn't get the job done. I bet I can strategically locate a sticker over that original hole too. :)

I may not get around to it for a bit as I've got a few other projects in the works, but I'm pretty sure it's doable.

do u thing there will be a nice list of hop-ups??? i have one and i am think to restor it with a brushless moter