Sign in to follow this  
J3cubfan

Question regarding Tires...

Are the tires that on the original Wild Willys the same tires that are on the rear of Sand Scorcher, and Grasshoppericon_smile_question.gif

Just curious.

John

I've been wondering about this too. I did noticed somewhere (I think jacolouw said that), that the tires of the Wild Willy 1 and the Blazing Blazer are the same. I think the Sand Scorcher and the Grasshopper 1 use the same tires too, but I wonder if the rear tires from the SS/GH1 will fit on all BB/WW1 wheels. Does anyone know for sure? If this is true, I think this is the most sought after part for Tamiya cars ever. I also think they should be re-released, there must be a huge (and for Tamiya profitable! $$$) interrest in these. I would at least be clever from the big T. icon_smile_wink.gif

icon_smile_question.gif And how about the SS/GH1 front tyres? what car use these too?

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

Sand Scorcher and grasshopper wheels and tyres are indeed identical back and front, wild willy and blazing blazer tyres are the same but they are different to Sand Scorcher tyres, they're bigger.

Yep The SS/etc tires are smaller than those of the BB/WW but are the sime thread/looks. Only the size differs

Jakes

logo_member2.gif

Of all the things I Lost - I miss my Mind the most

Well, I wonder if anyone has thought to a reproduction of these tires. For instance, I see reproductions of the Rough rider rear tires on ebay all the time for <$10 USD. Why not these?

icon_smile_wink.gifJohn