Sign in to follow this  
Chrish

Retro Nikko Diplomat

Hi

I managed to rescue one of my early R\C cars from my dads house before he thru it away. Not being a complete enthusiast i could do with some help. I was thinking of donating it to my little nephew as a gift but id rather not give him something rubbish.

I know it cant be worth a lot of money as it was a pre-built model and not a kit (id be surprised if you tell me otherwise) but im more interested in the motor and performance compared to todays basic cars. I have no interest in keeping it and if it not worth donating then i might just flog it online or summut.

Its an 1/14 scale white Nikko Diplomat from the early 90's and has a RS-360 Mabushi Motor (says on the box)

i seem to remember it being pretty quick but i was pretty young, i do remember it gorging on batterys tho

post-35406-1289957403_thumb.jpg

Much Appreciated

Hi

I managed to rescue one of my early R\C cars from my dads house before he thru it away. Not being a complete enthusiast i could do with some help. I was thinking of donating it to my little nephew as a gift but id rather not give him something rubbish.

I know it cant be worth a lot of money as it was a pre-built model and not a kit (id be surprised if you tell me otherwise) but im more interested in the motor and performance compared to todays basic cars. I have no interest in keeping it and if it not worth donating then i might just flog it online or summut.

Its an 1/14 scale white Nikko Diplomat from the early 90's and has a RS-360 Mabushi Motor (says on the box)

i seem to remember it being pretty quick but i was pretty young, i do remember it gorging on batterys tho

post-35406-1289957403_thumb.jpg

Much Appreciated

Without knowing really anything about the car specifically, I'd gamble that it's much better than any 1/14 scale toy RC you'd be able to lay hands on now being that it's from the Turbo/Jet Hopper era.

EDIT:

Diplomat page Google translated