Sign in to follow this  
SJoerD

Hot shot drive shafts...quick help needed

icon_smile_question.gif I've now got my hands on enough parts to built a hotshot, almost complete but I was missing all the drive shafts. The guy send these to me today and I found out there were only 3 of then actually hotshot, with the alluminium shaft and steel(?) ends. Two of them have no lines on them, but one does (on both sides 1). The manual says the ones with the lines are shorter and are used in the front, and the ones without these lines are slightly longer and are used in the rear. So I'm missing one front I think. (The real one with lines is a little shorter too, so that's correct...it's only 2 mm)

BUT the manual isn't really up to scale (origional though, no copy from the club), and the real 'lined' one is exactly the same size as the long one on the picture. I don't think this is important and just a little mistake in the manual.

Now here's the reason why I need quick help: I saw a set of front drive shafts (for the HotShot) for sale on the bay, but these have 2 pairs of lines on them, on each end one pair (2, so 4 in all)! My question is: are these origional and are these the ones I need? Many thanx for your help, I hope you can look this up for me soon since the auction will be ending very quickly now.... icon_smile_shock.gif

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

Hi Sjoerd, My Hotshot has 2 lines at each end of the front drive shafts and the rear shafts have none. Hope this helps.

Thanx very much. Yuo've been a great help! But what is the explanation for the one with only one line (on each end one)? O well, I think i'll just keep it for fun. (You are really quick ou there...)

Oh yeah, blondiniboy? I see your collection has grown since I last checked, so did mine! Please check out my site again (www.tamiya.tk) I'd really appreciate it if members would take 1 little minute to fill in the guestbook. I want to hear comments so I can keep improving my site! icon_smile.gif THNX. The HotShot will certainly be seen there too! icon_smile_wink.gif I've got to make sure I'm worthy my new name being a HotShot and all.... icon_smile_tongue.gif

Regards,

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>