Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Nerd

Vintage Kyosho Vw Baja Bug

Sorry about the slow reply. Yeah I'm pretty happy to run it now I've got a near complete one just for spares. Yeah I think that might keep me out of kyosho collectors heaven for good :) But it was worth it, it's no overly powerful, but it's got plenty enough to make it a handful.

Kieren

Hi have you still got the HPI shell?? If so what is the wheelbase??????????

It's that cut up I have no idea. Only thing I can think of is I believe they were originally made for the RS4 mt so I assume that the wheelbase would be the same as that?

Cheers

Kieren

Has it got the wing on the back?? Want to sell????

No it doesn't have a wing, and I don't particularly remember ever even cutting out a wing. If you really want it I don't see why not. Drop me a PM if your really interested and I can work something out for you.

Cheers

Kieren

Hi,

I've ordered a Kamtec shell. It should suit my idea better than the HPI one.(I want front fenders)

Sorry

No drama, I was thinking of ordering a Kamtec shell myself as one of them looks quite similar the original Kyosho one. That way I can do a bit nicer paint job and not worry about destroying an original body.

Kieren

I finally found the top of the chassis for this, plus a reasonably vintage controller also. I should be able to get this to almost original condition minus the new servo, ESC and 23t motor :lol: Pictures soon.

Kieren

Sounds good. I would recommend a Kamtec Shell. I got the ABS one, but I have heard great reveiws of the lexan one. Cant wait for the pictures.

That looks great. Now you can really thrash it in the mud and not worry about spazzing up the electrics!

Absolutely, as you say all I need now is a Kamtec shell and I'll have a ripper little runner :lol:

Kieren

Would be great fun if you put a brushless system. I reckon it would fly! Literally!

With no rear suspension it's hard enough to drive already :lol: I really need to find a nice beach and get some roost pictures...

Kieren