Jack_Truck

Top Force Evolution Restoration

Not sure if you can use water to assist the application. I didn't.

Yes you can. This is how I do larger decals. If you use just a tiny tiny touch of dish-soap (washing up liquid) on your finger (just touch the dry soapy cap with a wet finger) and run it under water (your finger). Now spread the tiny tiny bit of soapy water on the back of the decal. It will allow you to reposition if needed. If you have too much soap, it won't stick. Just pull it off and run it and the body under the water again and you should be good for another try. Really takes the stress out of having to do it right the first time.

Yes you can. This is how I do larger decals. If you use just a tiny tiny touch of dish-soap (washing up liquid) on your finger (just touch the dry soapy cap with a wet finger) and run it under water (your finger). Now spread the tiny tiny bit of soapy water on the back of the decal. It will allow you to reposition if needed. If you have too much soap, it won't stick. Just pull it off and run it and the body under the water again and you should be good for another try. Really takes the stress out of having to do it right the first time.

Wasn't aware of that. Good tip.

I finally have got everything together. The pictures are not the best due to poor lighting so I will try and get some good quality ones taken tomorrow.

p1110175e.jpg

p1110177q.jpg

p1110178n.jpg

p1110181s.jpg

I finally have got everything together. The pictures are not the best due to poor lighting so I will try and get some good quality ones taken tomorrow.

Dude, you've done a good job, that looks mint! My all time favorite buggy, you've done it justice!

I can't remember - for display or running?

Edit: what tyres are those?

Thanks for the compliments!

Dude, you've done a good job, that looks mint! My all time favorite buggy, you've done it justice!

I can't remember - for display or running?

Edit: what tyres are those?

As I suggested in my first post this puppy is going to be put up for sale. My 'collection' has become to large and I need to fund other projects so some models need to go including this one, but in most cases only after I build/rebuild them. :)

The tyres are upgrade options and to quote 94eg! from page 2 of this thread,

They are tamiya square spike tires. The rears are still being made today under a different part number on the DT02 (9805537). The fronts are 53088. The old rears were 53084.

Thanks for the compliments!

As I suggested in my first post this puppy is going to be put up for sale. My 'collection' has become to large and I need to fund other projects so some models need to go including this one, but in most cases only after I build/rebuild them. :)

The tyres are upgrade options and to quote 94eg! from page 2 of this thread,

Man that looks amazing. Wish I had picked up the NIB on eBay back when they were $499...

doh-1.jpg

It's all relative I guess. :)

Man that looks amazing. Wish I had picked up the NIB on eBay back when they were $499...

Thanks for the compliment. $499 sounds cheap I wonder how much a NIB goes for now?

I had the time to take some better quality pictures today, your views will be very much appreciated.

p1110183p.jpg

p1110192p.jpg

p1110201d.jpg

p1110199q.jpg

p1110189a.jpg

p1110195o.jpg

looks stunning mate :lol:

Thanks Wez-li, the same goes for your Egress, its a stunner. It be nice if we could them together in the same picture :lol:

Thanks Wez-li, the same goes for your Egress, its a stunner. It be nice if we could them together in the same picture :lol:

No probs, just pack it up carefully and post it to me :lol:

I promise you'd get it back... eventually ;)

No probs, just pack it up carefully and post it to me :lol:

I promise you'd get it back... eventually ;)

Funny you say that, I just thought about asking you the same thing :lol:

looks stunning mate :lol:

+1 Wez.

Since rediscovering Tamiya, I've realised that these come straight from the era that I just missed.

Love it :lol:

+1 Wez.

Since rediscovering Tamiya, I've realised that these come straight from the era that I just missed.

Love it :)

Thanks Thommo, it's true there is something very special with Tamiya cars made in the 80's and the early 90's.

Thanks Thommo, it's true there is something very special with Tamiya cars made in the 80's and the early 90's.

Right on. My favourites then were Astute, Egress, Top Force and Dyna Storm. (I also loved my trusty Mud Blaster).

Some people can't stand these though. I've seen them tagged here as space buggies or flying roller skates.

I know they have no scale comparison but the styling is unique, very Japanese and as you mentioned elsewhere very much like some fighter aircraft of the same era.

When compared with Tamiya's modern buggies the styling cues are still very similar now but the modern buggies still struggle to look as good as Avante, Astute, Top Force or Egress IMO.

When compared with Tamiya's modern buggies the styling cues are still very similar now but the modern buggies still struggle to look as good as Avante, Astute, Top Force or Egress IMO.

I totally agree modern Tamiya models do not have the character or the class of their predecessors, and I guess an indication of this is the multitude of Tamiya's re-release models. But to be fair to Tamiya this 'occurrence' is not limited to Tamiya or even just RC cars, just compare the cars of the 70's, 80's and the early 90's to contemporary designs. Or could I just be a sucker for nostalgia?

Lancia-Delta_Integrale_1992_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

audi-quattro-sport%20(2).jpg

BMW-M3-E301.jpg

As scandalous as it may seem it does make me sad to say the Top Force Evolution is now up for sale and can be found in the 'Ebay plugs, tips & gossip' section here.

Many thanks to you all for the help comments, information and advice.

Gorgeous car, and to answer a few questions earlier. Yes the EVO can handle a 5.5 brushless just fine. Ive got one in mine right now. Yes, the reas shock tower/gear box is a pain. The long screw trick will fix it!

Gorgeous car, and to answer a few questions earlier. Yes the EVO can handle a 5.5 brushless just fine. Ive got one in mine right now. Yes, the reas shock tower/gear box is a pain. The long screw trick will fix it!

Thanks. You must have a pretty rapid buggy! Have you raced it against contemporary cars, if so how did the TFE compare?