Sign in to follow this  
bholio

Do you care about the original box?

If you're buying an already-built car, do you really care about the condition (or existance) of the original box? When I get one with a box, I don't throw the box away, but I really never even look at it.

Edited by - bholio on 02 Oct 2002 17:54:38

Boxes are nice as they show the original artwork. That said, i only have a monster beetle box (it was used as packaging for a couple or rough riders!) And also a Rough Rider body set box (again packaging material!) Always nice i think to have the box.

I have about 30 boxes in boxes of Tamiya cars. I dont know what I want to do with them - dont have some of the cars anymore. I even ask for the boxes and manual if I buy a car S/H. Why - Really dont know????

Prehaps WHY - BECAUSE!!!

Jakes

logo_member2.gif

Of all the things I Lost - I miss my Mind the most

Ya, but its such a pity most of the old cars won't go back into the box once built. No way you'd fit the Bruiser/Mounty back in!

I think Tamiya's best innovation for the 1990s was to make kit boxes in a handy size that fits the finished article (eg TA03 kits). I'd even give this preference over the well-displayed parts bubble packaging of old - sure it looks good at the shop, but not very practical postsale.

Nah, nothing like the old big boxes with decoration and blisters, not everything thrown in. But unfortunatelly somehow all the used cars I buy seem to lack the original boxes, what a shame...

tttlogo.gif

http://www.vintagetamiyarc.com/

Once a car is built, I'm not really bothered about the box. I wouldn't chuck it out, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find one. Maybe I'd be more interested if they didn't take up so much space.

gary