rc-martin

Stolen Fav

Hi All,

I've been inactive for a while now due to family stuff and moving house. All my rc stuff is packed away in the garage. Unftunately last Friday my garage was broken into and several things were stolen, amongst these things was my fully restored with period radio gear Fast Attack Vehicle. Other things that were taken was my original RC10 box full of spares, thankfully my RC10 was in another box that was not taken. I found the box thrown in a hedge on the playing field around the corner from my house, empty. Also a box of Xray T1 spares and a HPI RS4 were taken along with my Specialized Stumpjumper Mountain Bike and Makita cordless drill.

Here are some pics of the FAV incase anyone comes across it.

2003_0502_172458AA.jpg

2003_0502_172428AA.jpg

2002_0814_183027AA.jpg

DSCF1761.jpg

• Sad 1

I am sad to hear about this thievery, especially about the Stumpy being ripped off.

May the thieves get an STD that will render them useless for procreation of more thieves.

sorry to hear that....i feel your pain....i had a rc10 OG stolen out of my basement...aluminum rims(mini mags)/checkpoint yokomo gold motor/etc...

hope you get it back!

Guest Greg67
:mellow: That's awful. I'll keep an eye out for it on Ebay, and if I see it message you right away. I won;t tell the seller I know it is yours, so you can catch him red handed. My cousin had something stolen, and it turned up on Ebay, he called the cops and got it back.

File a police report NOW so that if/when you begin some action in the future you will have some documentation to support your claim.

police were informed as soon as i found out about the theft but as is the norm in this country they just give you a crime reference number and that enables you to claim on your insurance. The police in this country are only bothered about catching motorists they dont even come to your house to look.

That Sux !!!

File a report and keep an eye out in pawn shops I hope you get something back :mellow:

police were informed as soon as i found out about the theft but as is the norm in this country they just give you a crime reference number and that enables you to claim on your insurance. The police in this country are only bothered about catching motorists they dont even come to your house to look.

I thought that when I had a bike stolen, but the next day I got a call to say they thought they had found it. They arranged to pick me up, took me to the shop which had it, recovered it for me, followed my home to do the paper work then took me back to work. Six months later they called me to say that they had arrested the culprit, they had just had the court case and he had gone down!

So, you might be lucky...

Looks like Tamiya have took pity on my loss and re released the FAV just for me!! :lol:

Looks like Tamiya have took pity on my loss and re released the FAV just for me!! :)

They may have been the one's that stole it ! . HAHA So they can re re it . :)

Sounds like South Africa! :lol: Only thing here, it would have been cop who stole the Fav in the first place! Bribery an Africa culture/law the order of the day here.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Must have been someone who knew that you had the cars in the first place. One of the main reasons I don't like letting strangers into my house to look at my collection. I hardly ever run my cars where to many eyes can spy. Can never be to careful.

Hope they catch the culprit.

Sounds like South Africa! :lol: Only thing here, it would have been cop who stole the Fav in the first place! Bribery an Africa culture/law the order of the day here.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Must have been someone who knew that you had the cars in the first place. One of the main reasons I don't like letting strangers into my house to look at my collection. I hardly ever run my cars where to many eyes can spy. Can never be to careful.

Hope they catch the culprit.

I have a mate from Johannesburg.

I know what you mean. :lol:

I think I will coat all of my cars and radio equipment as well as my bicycle in POISON FROG DOO DOO and only handle them with gloves. Any thief stupid enough to touch my things will die a certain and painful death... I can dream can't I???? :P:lol: Anyway, I hope some sort of recovery has occured in this case. I learned a long time ago, drop your identification info on a laminated card(or laminate a business card) into the down tube of your bicycle and when suspect dummy takes it to a bike shop for a good once over, they might discover that the bike isn't the same owner as who brought it in. Of course that theory goes out the window when the schlep has a helper at the bike shop and they are running a ring of thefts.

I don't know about y'all, but I am not engraving my name into my New Builds anytime soon.