novaturbo

Spoiling Myself With A Rough Rider

I've spoke before about how I owned a super champ as a kid, so to help relive it I've bought the closest car to it, the RE-RE rough rider.

It should arrive late this week, any tips/upgrades/hop ups I should buy before I build it?

Cheers

Keith

I wouldn't apply any hopups at all to this!

Perfect as it is.

Once you start adding a diff, better shocks etc, you lose the essence of what the vehicle is about!

It's a great car to build, too. Get your TS paint ordered as well though!

I wouldn't apply any hopups at all to this!

Perfect as it is.

Once you start adding a diff, better shocks etc, you lose the essence of what the vehicle is about!

It's a great car to build, too. Get your TS paint ordered as well though!

Thanks! How strong are they? I remember my SRB when I was about 8, nothing broke at all no matter how much abuse it got! It eventually died n the beach with water, but back then I didn't have the knowlage to save it :-(

I want to do mine blue, do you know the TS code?

Cheers

i think the colour you need is TS 10 french blue.

I did mine that colour too!

Make sure you paint the inside of the shell too (at least a dusting). You'll need 2 cans of it. I sprayed mine directly onto the plastic and the finish is excellent.

Your new SRB should hold up ok to some bashing (within reason!). Rugged? You bet it is :)

Here is my one:

bc.jpg

I guess yours is set to turn out the same.

I painted my rear tyre letters in white, with the hope of picking up some original tyres to do the same on. However I couldn't find any.

Here is a link to the paint: http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/quickshop.php?ps1=475

I know that everything on this page is in stock - I wrote the "live stock" app for this site.

You may be able to find it cheaper. Not really sure.

Thanks for all your help! Love your RR, looks much better in blue!

Getting excited now, but cant help but think mine will be delayed in the post with the bad snow we're having! LOL

The two best hop ups are an aluminum chassis and coil overs for the dampers. I would also upgrade the steering linkages to some dubro ball ends and 4/40 rod.

The diff is worth thinking about, makes it smoother and more predictable to drive.

Just remember, you will bust off the 2 top lights very quickly. Prob better not to install them. Or just remove them prior to bashing. I busted one off at the beach even.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Skottoman

I'm assumeing they are alot more stable than say a Grasshopper? I've learned how to drive my sport tuned grasshopper without putting it on its roof (difficult)

I remember my Super Champ being really good, but I was about 7/8 and it was probably on the standard motor, and it ran the standard Nicad tamiya batteries, so probably wasnt very quick!

ditch the speed controller . no power in reverse ,......... i stuck in a tue 101bk ........... got much more power for pulling out of sticky situations !

and a diff ............ coil overs are a pain to find to get a straight swap ive found