yamita

30th Anniversary Porsche 934

How many of you built this kit and how many are runners? Back in 07, I couldnt resist leaving the kit NIB, so I built mine immediately and bought another to save. I even raced mine locally in RCGT stock class and lap times were consistent with my trf racer in 17.5 stock class. Since it's a short wheel base ta05ms, it performs very well in tight track layouts. I love this car. It captures the essence of tamiya very well. Nicely detailed scale body and well engineered chassis underneath. I have been running mine with boxart scheme, but it's about time I do a new shell for it. I never had a chance to build a 959 as a kid, but this kit redeemed it for me. Let's see some of your 934's or share some of your experiences with this car. I'm thinking about going red/black for the new shell...

Red_Porsche_934_01.jpg

I never had the intestinal fortitude to get past just taking the shrink-wrap off the box let alone building it.

Mine is still NIB, shrink wrapped. It will stay this way untill I sell it on.

To satisfy my building needs, I just got me a anniversary shell, some Taisan wheels and a carbon TA-03 chassis.

it has to be built!

when will you get another chance to build the 30th anniversary car?

and if you do, keep THAT one shrink wrapped!

i'd have had that shrink wrap off before you could say "moist" :lol:

you must be curious to at least see the kit surely?

a shrink wrapped box may as well be a shrink wrapped box of socks!

get yer tools out and bask in the heady glow of a limited edition Tamiya kit.

imo.

Not got one, but I shall say this....... Tamiya intended them to be built and used hence the motor, chassis etc....... And if I'm fortunate enough to get one, it'll be built and used :-)

Guest Greg67

People that hold new kits, I cannot imagine the torture. I would be thinking of building it every day. :lol:

I like red shells a lot, especially for a porsche. So that gets my vote.

You did the right thing. You have built one and race one of these. I did exactly the same and enjoyed it. They go very fast and with low noise.

I still have one nib, but without shrinkwrap. Put the shrinkwrap away and enjoy this piece of Tamiya art. :lol:

I never had the intestinal fortitude to get past just taking the shrink-wrap off the box let alone building it.
Mine is still NIB, shrink wrapped. It will stay this way untill I sell it on.

So... You bought the car to save it NIB for someone else? *looks foozed*

I can understand keeping it NIB to gawp at the parts and the blister layout, but keeping the shrink wrap on is too much.

- James

I understand leaving it NIB tho. It's not exactly a cheap kit. But it's still nice to open it up and look at all the glimmering blue pieces.

about $700-900 typically, unless you get really lucky

those kits weren't shrinkwrapped by Japan factory when they come 2 to a sealed shipping carton

they're only shrinkwrapped after someone foreign has opened the shipping carton

i got to see mine being taken out of the carton, opened the lid and pawed the blisters

(to leave a few fingerprints inside :lol: ) before it took its journey thru the shrinkwrap tunnel

Wow Really? I'm willing to sell mine for 550. what I paid for back then..

about $700-900 typically, unless you get really lucky

they're only shrinkwrapped after someone foreign has opened the shipping carton

All U.S. kits come shrink wrapped.

I've got mine from Scollins.

I think i must ahve got VERY lucky on mine then, I picked mine up NIB from a Wholesaler for about £90 (no i dont wish to sell it thanks).

Cheers

All U.S. kits come shrink wrapped.

I've got mine from Scollins.

I'm not sure who put the shrinkwrap on but I just cut the bottm of it so it still looks shrinkwrapped.