Sign in to follow this  
Boothy

Tyres

Guys,

Not played with my fire dragon for ages, basically for two reasons. One is the Battery, I am on Nimh with an EZrun 9t brushless and it drains my Mtronics battery too quickly. Can anyone reccomend a good Nimh battery for the EZrun?

Also I fitted some DF03 wheels as the stock dragon ones have no grip but the pin spike tyres I bought fly off the rims (non tamiya). Would the tamiya ones fit the wheels better? I really did not want to glue the tyres to the rims. These do feel a little slack tbh.

Which tamiya ones would be the best? They seem to do two types.

Thanks

Andy

Glued belted tyres go hand in hand with the high rpm capable of brushless. Centrifugal forces will expand the tyre throwing any tyre off the wheel at high rpm.

Can't help with the Ni-MH packs. After my brushless systems killed them all I refuse to use them. Go Li-Po!

I second that much better power delievry and constant pwoer then the battery goes away, no power lose as the battery drans down all power then no power. GO LIPO.

i have run my 8.5t/60amp ezrun system on anything from vapextech 3700mah right upto intellect 5000mah packs, the intellects performed much better than the lesser, but where much more to buy, ive since gone lipo and wouldn't go back, much better performance and alot less maintenance too, i would agree with the others, go lipo.