Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSport

Cc-01 Build Question

The Land Cruiser is getting together nicely, so I put all the scale bits'n'bobs on the body today to check it was OK before painting. Couldn't resist having a play.

The car is running a 55T crawler motor and locked rear diff. When it gets full throttle from a standstill it lifts the right hand front wheel. I have checked all through the transmission - seems fine. The shocks are all set the same. Have I missed something, or is this just the combination of a torquey motor and the shaft drive. Is it "usual" for these cars?

Thanks

PS - how long do these things run for? With a 7.2V 3000 battery I have had two one hour sessions so far (mainly at lowish speeds)! Two hours! Still not dead!

That's torque my friend - normal. :D

Now you know why people love these rigs. They go forever, go anywhere and are fun to build & drive.

I locked the front diff and really like it. I also added self-adhesive lead weights in the back and front over the shocks to make it handle better. It's a goat now.

The 55 turn motor should run for ages on a battery. Low current draw motor, combined with low gearing, with partial throttle running.

The torque twist is normal for any car with a live axle. Grasshopper/Hornet and DT01 (even my real cars) do the same thing as the CC01 when they can get traction. You should go have a look on youtube at the semi-trailer racing for some torque twist (

). You'd swear some of them are going to snap with how much they twist and lift the wheel.

My pajero does it at full beans just off a silvercan. Haven't tried to remedy it because I find it sometimes helps to go at an obstacle at an angle and give it the welly to lift the front corner to help it step up onto whatever i`m aiming at

Thanks for all the answers...

Grasshopper/Hornet and DT01 (even my real cars) do the same thing as the CC01 when they can get traction.

Ha - my Hornet just hooks up & flips over :lol:

Ha - my Hornet just hooks up & flips over :lol:

Lunchbox wheeliebar bolts straight on. Saves broken bodies from flipping it on take off.

Lunchbox wheeliebar bolts straight on. Saves broken bodies from flipping it on take off.

Yes - one of the things on my "to-do" list. At the moment it has a running (tatty) body and a mint body...