Funracer

Does A Real Vintage Rc Community Exist In Mid-european Mainland?

Hi Mates,

I start to wonder if a real vintage RC community exists in middle european mainland such as NL, B, L and D. Searching through all kinds of RC forums I got the impression that only guys from UK, USA, Japan, Australia etc. do have all the fun racing vintage buggies and holding meetings. In Germany you can hardly find vintage discussion in any RC forum and I never have heared of a vintage RC race or meeting. On the other hand it's strange how expensive vintage RC cars are getting sold on fleabay. Obviously people are just collecting stuff instead of really using it.

Looking forward listening to your experiences.

Cheers, Norbert

L O A D S.

You just need to search a bit on D and NL hobby forum sites. I used to visit them several years ago. And in Germany you have the largest amount of vintage Tamiya in Europe thanks to being Dickie's largest (and home) market. There are bound to be events around where you live. The Dutch guys also hold TC get togethers which look good in the photos. Also rc sailing groups cater to alot of vintage passion.

There is a good vintage scene in CEE also, but that is a bit further from you. In CZ and HU there are alot of activities and the vintage cars get alot of respect and passion. We get Austrians and Romanians joining sometimes too.

:lol:

Don't know, but I know from experience of looking at many RC truck web sites that Germany and Nederlands has the highest concentration of model RC truck clubs anywhere in the world. One page that I looked at had hundreds on it! In the UK all people seem to want to do is build static model trucks, RC is a dirty word in the model truck world over here :) It's sickening.

By the way, you have checked the meetings and events section here on TamiyaClub haven't you?!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Guest Greg67

Agreed, Germany and the NL are very large numbers of vintage enthusiasts.

Hmm, still no reply from the mentioned countries and also no single entry in the meetings and event section during this year... :)

I found this ;- http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...&hl=Germany but it's from 2007, and all other references to Germany are showing 2006 or earlier as the date.

The TC member that instantly came to mind regarding vintage buggies and Germany is SuperGreg. He lives in Bornheim, Germany. You might want to send him a Personal Message and see if there are any events coming up that he knows of in the New Year.

Cheers,

Alistair G.