Sign in to follow this  
ScottyNI

Battery/esc Advice

Okies,

i'm completely outta touch with radio control cars etc since about mid 90's...

i tried to get started last yr again and rebuilt my ta01 and an old m02 i have... i used the m02 for a while with mtronics eco27 esc and enjoyed it but the battery's were my downfall, i bought cheapy ones :lol:

i know ****** all about LIPO but i'm thinking is this what i should be going for?

Basically i'd like to run the m02 with silver can or sports tuned

and my ta01 on an ezrun setup...

hoping someone buys me a new re re lunchbox kit for xmas too!!!

also will the mtronics eco27 esc run a sports tuned? or whats advisable for a little more power?

yes to going lipo to start with, i could never go back. not sure if your 27t rated mtroniks esc will handle the 23t sport tuned though.

Ezrun would be a good choice too.

got ymself a re re lunchbox and has the standard tamiya kit electronic speed controller,

hoping to uprate it to RS 540 sports tuned, can someone please recommend me reasonable battery's that will charge off ansmann delux charger?

got ymself a re re lunchbox and has the standard tamiya kit electronic speed controller,

hoping to uprate it to RS 540 sports tuned, can someone please recommend me reasonable battery's that will charge off ansmann delux charger?

Take a look at vapextech , uk based, good quality and prices. They were recommended to me and I've no complaints. Not worth risking Chinese imports .

Take a look at vapextech , uk based, good quality and prices. They were recommended to me and I've no complaints. Not worth risking Chinese imports .

what spec batt should i be looking for?

7.2 v 4000?

friend went fo some import intellect lipo's and thought they were good for the ££

The higher the mah rating the longer the run time, so all depends how long you want to run for. I'd rather go for two lower rated ones than one high capacity purely cos you can be running and charging at same time. A 3700 should give you 30 mins run time typically. Two 3000 would give you longer and less downtime. My ansmann xbase will charge at 5A so onlyan hour to charge a 5000mAh stick pack.

so just as long as theyre 7.2v then?

7.2V for NiMh, 7.4 for Lipo.

I would agree with the previous poster that if you're on a budget, 2 packs are better than 1, even though the 1 may have a higher rating.

The longer the run time of your battery, the longer your motor and ESC have to build up heat, so it's a good idea to pull over and check the temperature a couple of times on the first few runs, just to get a feel of whether you'll have any trouble.

Exactly which model are you using?

I see multiple Ansmann Deluxe models when googling.

Ansmann Racing xBase DELUXE Charger

thats the one i'm using, yeah i think i'll buy 2 packs anyhows as I would like to be able to charge one as one is in use :)

just wanna make sure gettin summat reasonable cos the last ebay nimh packs i bought were rubbish!!

took head staggers, ordered new radio gear, bearings, x2 intellect 7.4v 4000 20c lipo's, paint and an rs 540 sports motor...

cant wait tog et stuck in :)

Ansmann Racing xBase DELUXE Charger

thats the one i'm using, yeah i think i'll buy 2 packs anyhows as I would like to be able to charge one as one is in use :)

just wanna make sure gettin summat reasonable cos the last ebay nimh packs i bought were rubbish!!

I see that charger doesn't balance.

Get a charger that will balance when you deal with LiPo.

If you don't, you should get a separate LiPo balancer, which just adds cost and complexity.

A previous thread on that charger: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58117

thanks for the info.... ****** i have barely used the charger from i bought it, can really do without the extra expense :)

any external balancers recommended?

thanks for the info.... ****** i have barely used the charger from i bought it, can really do without the extra expense :)

any external balancers recommended?

I have no experience with balancers.

Where I have found answers to this type of question is the electrics forum on Oople. If you're from the UK you'll find the most relevant answers there after reading a few postings.