Sign in to follow this  
dan12

Lipo On Standered Tamiya Electrics

Hi guys

Will a 7.4v lipo run ok with the stock 101bk and reciever?

Also is the futuba 3003 servo ok with it?

thanks

yes it will work fine.

you'll need a low voltage cutoff or low voltage alarm so you don't run the lipo down too low.

Ooh great!

I thought i might get a negative reply!

So my reciever will be fine then?

I just need a battery and a charger then?

Is a charger a balencer?

cheers

Hi guys

Will a 7.4v lipo run ok with the stock 101bk and reciever?

Also is the futuba 3003 servo ok with it?

thanks

Are you using some sort of Receiver with BEC? Otherwise you will be supplying your receiver and servos with 7.4V (assuming your using 2S Lipo). Regardless of battery type, make sure you are using some sort of device to control voltage to the Receiver/servos.

Mark

Are you using some sort of Receiver with BEC? Otherwise you will be supplying your receiver and servos with 7.4V (assuming your using 2S Lipo). Regardless of battery type, make sure you are using some sort of device to control voltage to the Receiver/servos.

Mark

I dont think i do have BEC.

What does this mean then?

I dont think i do have BEC.

What does this mean then?

In a nutshell, your receiver and servo are receiving whatever voltage your battery pack is. Most receivers/servos are designed to run on 6.0volts so they could fry from the extra voltage. I know many people who have had no problems with receivers and servos at 7.2volts but it is still a risk. There are options for reducing the voltage from the ESC to the receiver/servo which are inexpensive.

Mark

If your current esc (TEU-101BK) works with your current receiver, using whatever battery you are using right now, you do not have to worry about BEC (battery elimination circuitry)

Just plug in your lipo to your esc and away you go. Remember to use your voltage cut-off as each cell in a lipo pack should not go below 3v. Standardd lipo packs comes with 2 cells within that pack, hence, the name '2S lipo 7.4v'

If your current esc (TEU-101BK) works with your current receiver, using whatever battery you are using right now, you do not have to worry about BEC (battery elimination circuitry)

Just plug in your lipo to your esc and away you go. Remember to use your voltage cut-off as each cell in a lipo pack should not go below 3v. Standardd lipo packs comes with 2 cells within that pack, hence, the name '2S lipo 7.4v'

Are you sure?

I hop you are right!

Ill get a lipo when my 7.2v pack lets go.

thanks you guys.

Just had a look at my reciever and it does have BEC. Does this mean i can run a 8.4v 7cell with stock electrics?

cheers

the tamiya teu101bk is only rated at 7.2v matey putting 8.4v through it might be ok, but im guessing under load it might toast it.

the tamiya teu101bk is only rated at 7.2v matey putting 8.4v through it might be ok, but im guessing under load it might toast it.

Ill give it a try! thanks