Sign in to follow this  
knotty

Pajero Trouble Cc-01

Can anyone tell me why when the Pajero is sat on the table or the floor etc it lists to one side? When suspended off the surface the shocks are all the exact same length and nothing seems amiss. Could it just be the one side needing more shock oil?

Can anyone tell me why when the Pajero is sat on the table or the floor etc it lists to one side? When suspended off the surface the shocks are all the exact same length and nothing seems amiss. Could it just be the one side needing more shock oil?

Check the spring free length is the same left to right. Check that the springs are same weight left to right (thickness of material). Check the o-rings are not grabbing on the damper shaft. Top up and bleed the dampers while you have them off and apart.

Just had a proper look and the oil level seemed low. so ive toipped them up and it seems ok now. Is it just evaporation thats done it because i havent noticed any little leaks.And is it best to put them on stands when not in use?

The constant movement of the shaft in and out of the damper body will slowly diminish the damper fluid. Not enough to be noticable as a leak, but enough that they need to be serviced, cleaned and topped up every 20 or so runs.

Storing the model on blocks will keep the pressure off them if the model is heavy from added detail and keep the dampers at full extension. Internal pressure is one of the forces that is pushing the damper fluid past the o-rings. Putting the model on blocks will do more for the tyres than anything else. I don't like trying to drive on square tyres, even at the slow pace of a CC01.