Tamiya King

1/18 Lipo In A Sand Scorcher

I got a 2010 Sand Scorcher for XMas. I am putting it together and noticed my full size LiPo won't work.

Would it be okay to run a 1/18 scale LiPo battery in it?

I would think it would do fine, but just seeing what people have done on here to adapt LiPo's in there SRB's.

Thanks for any info.

Dave

I run a little 2200mah 20c overlander Lipo in my Buggy champ with stock motor with no issues and a great runtime. (Its the same size as a micro stick pack (will almost fit in a Tamtech)

I've done the 110mm long, 2s, 2200 li-po thing as well. It works a treat. To protect the battery a little more, I cut up a mouse mat and wrapped it around the pack. I then used standard stick pack sized heat shrink to hold it all together. Not only does this give me a bit more of a comfort level about breaching the li-po but is also brings the pack height and width up to stick pack size but they're only as long as a 5cell or a hump pack. They weigh less than a 1200mah pack and the power and run time are brilliant.

Better still, even from my LHS, each 2200 pack costs less than $25. (they cost even less in HK).

These are great, light and you can cut the foam to suit, and at only $11 USD great value!

003.jpg

I may have to get some then.

Mean while I also bought this.

Its an LF battery, and since my charger handles LF's I thought what the heck, I'll try it out.

Battery.jpg

I also bought these tid bits for the Sand Scorcher as well.

Bumper:

Bumper01.jpg

Bumper02.jpg

Bumper03.jpg

Rear Cage:

Cage01.jpg

Cage02.jpg

Cage03.jpg

I run a 2200 mah blue lipo and a tacon3650 kv brushless all from nitrorcx.com ball diff. and a df-03 slipper clutch . The thing really rips.

I run a 2200 mah blue lipo and a tacon3650 kv brushless all from nitrorcx.com ball diff. and a df-03 slipper clutch . The thing really rips.

Any chance of a few good quality pictures showing your SRB gearbox with the Tacon motor in it? What rating is it in kV ? BTW the 3650 refers to the can size (36mm diameter, 50mm long) not the "x thousands of RPM per Volt" that the kV means, and there are several Tacon motors so I'd like to see which you used if possible?

Would be appreciated. I'm looking to put a 17T or so brushless into my Scorcher 2010 gearbox, a sensored motor in a SRB gearcase would be nice if anyone can show me some pictures of that.

Cheers,

Alistair G.