Sign in to follow this  
Edge(2)

Top Force or Evolution

Hi People,

Question:

As a prosepctive collector I am in a bit of a quandry! I have options to buy either a Top Force Evolution or a Top Force (100th Tamiya RC) and I am not sure which would be a better collectors item. They are both very similar but I am drawn to the 100th as it is a signature type car. Both are NIB and I have no intention of building, but I can only afford one or the other, the 100th is also a little cheaper. Is there a reason for this?

Many thanks, although you have all ruined my work record as I am always in this site....!!!

regards to all

quote:

...I have no intention of building, but I can only afford one or the other, the 100th is also a little cheaper. Is there a reason for this?

id=quote>id=quote>

TF Evo is loaded with Tamiya's hopups; #58100 is mostly plastic.

Between the thw 100th and the 107th, the Evo is the way to go. You may be lucky to find one in Dubai (try Toys R Us). We managed to get a few TF bodies from there. BTW I am based in Bahrain, so we're just "neighbors".

Blackd0g,

Thanks for the info, the guy at T & U has the bare minimum, and I am reluctant to buy many cars from him, he has little knowledge and his attitude to spares is pretty bad, as soon as things disappear off the catalogue, he shrugs shoulders. I think Kyosho is the way to go here as far as runners is concerned, the guys at that shop are clued up.

Howdy Neighbour!!

hi Edge,

Yeah, Kyoshos are quite popular over there, specially nitros, V-One S and V-One R. If you're planning on racing, if you don't know yet, there's a track at Creek Park Gate 2, built by Kyosho, managed by Hobby Centre.

I personally go for electrics (because of the lack of a LHS and nitro fuel). Importing nitro can be a real hassle. Some guys are opening a Kyosho shop one of these days. Maybe I will go into nitro then.