Sign in to follow this  
BeetleLover

Dyna Storm Dimensions

Hiya, I'm just calculating the size required to make purpose built shelving for my collection. I want the tolerances to be near on perfect so each slot has to be specific to each car. Most cars have the dimensions on their info page here or on Tamiya101 but the Dynastorm hasn't. My car is many miles away and I was wondering if some nice soul could measure the length, width and height of the car, I would greatly appreciate the info. Calculating and drawing up the perfect set of shelves is one thing but it may be sometime before I have the funds to construct them but it's fun to design them...

cheers for your help in advance, kind regards

James

BeetleLover :)

Hiya, I'm just calculating the size required to make purpose built shelving for my collection. I want the tolerances to be near on perfect so each slot has to be specific to each car. Most cars have the dimensions on their info page here or on Tamiya101 but the Dynastorm hasn't. My car is many miles away and I was wondering if some nice soul could measure the length, width and height of the car, I would greatly appreciate the info. Calculating and drawing up the perfect set of shelves is one thing but it may be sometime before I have the funds to construct them but it's fun to design them...

cheers for your help in advance, kind regards

James

BeetleLover :)

I don't have a ruler, but I do have one of those triangles that I could use to measure it up. It will probably be accurate up to 5mm (not to mention the caster on the front too - having electronics or weight in it will result in a shorter wheelbase).

I will measure my shelfer though, it has got no electronics in it but I removed the pretension spacers that are normally used when built as standard, and due to the increased droop the car now sits at a realistic ride height ;)

Edit:

Ground clearance: 28mm (front), 25mm (rear).

Wheelbase: 268mm (using stock setup with whelbase spacers on the rear suspension).

Length: 365mm (bumper-motor cover distance).

Width: 242mm (front), 246mm (rear).

Height: <180mm (at top of rear wing).

If you need any more measurements, just let me know ;)

PS: My shelfer Dyna Storm has Nimrod Racing wheels, but the rear wheels are custom made to have exactly the same geometry as the star dish wheels, and the front wheels as far as I know also share the geometry of the star dish wheels.