karooha MB

Somerset Bash Ideas

Hey there guys n Gals. I am in South Somerset, between Yeovil and Taunton. Would anyone out there be interested in hooking up for a bash? My son and I have a few places we use, there are beaches close by (upto 30 mins), woodlands, open plains etc. Some great areas. We have Monster Beetles, Scorchers, a Frog, and Short Course Trucks. If you fancy a meet for a bash, make some videos, take some action pics, and have a bit of a laugh in or around Somerset, Dorset, Devon areas then get in touch.

I/we go out most weekends, sometimes for an hour, sometimes all day. My truck has cooking facilities, a kettle, power for chargeres etc.

Would love to meet some likeminds!

Peace

Hi

Sounds good, I am in Bristol and love off road bashes, the Cider Bashers seem to have deserted as the last one was well over a year ago.

Do you know of any good locations? I have a Frog, Buggy Champ, Hotshot etc and some quick Traxxas/Losi stuff.

Yes, I know of a few good bashing spots round here. There is a good woodland with dirt paths, natural jumps and the like, there is even a bmx dirt jump section down there that someone dug some time ago, needs a little tending but its good for a laugh. Just got back from there with my strike and my son with his blitz. Great fun. 5 minutes walk from my house is a small skate park which is great for an hour or so. 3 miles out of town is Hamhill, a awesome dirt terrain site. Its a quarried hill that also has a nature reserve, its tops, loads of open space, the most amazing off road terrain and massive jumps! I also like to take my Tamiyas to the beach with is 17 miles away, but its well worth it.

If you fancy a trip down here, I am about an hour from Bristol, due south, I would be happy to feed and water and take you for a tour with the cars.

I generally just load up everything I have and head out, sometimes I only use one or two cars, sometimes all of them.

New faces would be great. :P

Sounds good, I know the Cider Bashers did a few meetings at Ham Hill, the area does look good. Bristol is frustrating for bashes as there doesn't seem anywhere ideal for off road and not really anywhere decent for on road either!

Maybe if you post on here where you will be next and when, myself or others could pop along. Have you any videos or youtube footage of the sites?

Dean

I will be heading out again next weekend to Hamhill, weather permitting, Saturday Afternoon, 12 till dark, which is about 4:30-5pm. Or if people prefer Sunday we can do that.

I tend to Park next to the pub and go from there.

I'll be taking my son and between us we will have:

Blitz

Strike

Monster Beetle or three (one is running 10.5 Brushless, although it may get transplanted into my sons Blitz)

Frog.

All the charging you'll need can be done from my truck (240v or 12v)

If you are up for the drive it'll be well worth getting to know Hamhill, it has something for everyone.

Dont think I have much footage of Hamhill yet, but I will have a look and let you know.

It must be hard to find places in the city, just no space and too many people!

I am busy next weekend but maybe a weekend or so after I should be free so might be able to pop along.

Hiya. The Cider Bashers still lurk around on TC; we just are not as active as we used to be, LOL.

I can only speak from a personal point, but since Sep 2009 I have usually worked 6 days in 7 days over all 3 shifts, only leaving one day to do normal things, or sleep :P ! This weekend was the first for a long time when I have had it all off. So I made the most of it and had a good play with our Buggy Champ and SS at Weston-S-Mare today, followed up by “Tea for Two” on the pier, cracking!

Hamhill is great location; not the best for on road but that is not a problem. The Bunnies seem to keep grass short. We have had great fun there trying to climb the mud banks and general bashing.

I am always up for some Tamiya larks, so if I know I can make it me and the little lady will pop on over, it’s a fairly good run down and we like getting out and about. I know this is going to sound like a copout but I get late shouts about working, so can’t say when but will say soon (will give the other Cider Bashers a heads up about this, Sundays seem to best for most when we all get together)!

We have many RC’s, Tamiya, Traxxas and others (about 50 in various states of running or repair), so always have a boot full! I have a camera, so can take some shots aswell.

Hope to see you soon.

Matt

Ham Hill is my favourite location, I've always had fun there. The grass can be damp this time of year which makes things cold and dirty, but it's great fun during the summer.

My runners are all a bit poorly at the mo, I'm going to be selling some stuff to raise funds for something fast and reliable that I can use anywhere.

I might not get out and about in Jan unless it's very local, as I'm very busy and very skint, even the fuel to Ham Hill would be stretching my January budget too far, but I'll sort out my diary for Feb / Mar and see if I can get along to something :P

Hey there everyone. Hope all is good.

We are arranging a bash on the beach at Weston Super Mare on Sunday 20th Feb, for alcomers. Hoping for a nice collection of classics and new cars, and would love to see young and old participants, of which I am the later.

Races, bashing, show n shine etc, pics and vids for TC of course. We'll dig a circuit on the beach.

I'll have my tour bus, ha ha, my beat up wagon which has charging (12v or 240v) kettle, cooker, and a suitable place for repairing out of the cold.

If anyone is up for it could you just drop me a line here so we can get an idea of how many to expect.

It'll be a "run what ya brung" type event, no limitations, we're just aiming to have a laugh and meet some new likeminded folks and show off our beasties!

If there are people I pass on route from Crewkerne, towards Taunton, then North to WSM I am happy pick-up on the way, and drop off on way back, a donation to the fuel costs would be helpful, it'd help keep our day as cheap as poss.

And is anyone aware of an RC shop in and around WSM that stocks spares? I think I have heard of one but cant recall exactly.

Hope to see you all there!

This sounds like a good day out, and it's my BIRTHDAY too, so I'll do my best to be there! Will check the diary and make sure I'm free.

I don't know of any hobby stores in W-S-M, and I don't know if there's much that's open on Sundays.

I seriously hope to have my battery problems solved by then and also have my brat-scorcher working properly and re-shelled for some vintage fun in the sand :angry:

sounds like a blast, shame its so far away, will keep my eye open later in the year (august) as we have our hols in devon, maybe we could make a meet then.

have fun guys and be sure to post some pics/video etc.

This sounds like a good day out, and it's my BIRTHDAY too, so I'll do my best to be there! Will check the diary and make sure I'm free.

I don't know of any hobby stores in W-S-M, and I don't know if there's much that's open on Sundays.

I seriously hope to have my battery problems solved by then and also have my brat-scorcher working properly and re-shelled for some vintage fun in the sand :angry:

Awesome, thats the spirit, my 35th is that week too! Maybe we should have a cake and balloons!

And I'm sure we can keep the power flowing, I have a stack o batteries I am happy share, hump packs n stick packs. What issues are you currently suffering?

It'll be great to see a bunch o bugs belting round the beach. I'll have my 2.5 scorchers (including my mini SS), my 2 monster beetles, and my Losi Strike, My son will have his Monster Beetle, his Blitz, and is talking about "Beetle-ising" his Frog too, I just have to supply everything he needs! lol.

I am already looking forward to it.

sounds like a blast, shame its so far away, will keep my eye open later in the year (august) as we have our hols in devon, maybe we could make a meet then.

have fun guys and be sure to post some pics/video etc.

Thats a shame , hopefully another time? We'll be sure to upload the goings on for you all to see.

Talking of birthdays its mine today!

This sounds great, never done a beach bash before! Hopefully my Holiday Buggy will be finished, I have a Frog, Hotshot, Buggy Champ, Grasshopper, Hornet, Lunchbox, Clod, Brat and a Fox. I wouldn't mind bringing any except the Fox as all the others are re- releases - racing sounds great :angry:

Hi.

Happy birthday (for today and the future)!!!

The date is in the diary, so work can take a running jump!!!

We will have a Re-re SS and Buggy Champ as they seem to keep drawing us to W-S-M, will not have too much with us as I have an aversion to running stuff in the sand, due to a lack of time these days to give many models a strip down & clean, but should have least an E-Maxx & Wild Dagger as well, might sneak another Beetle body car, if i am allowed?!?

Just out of interest, where about in W-S-M are you thinking of doing this?

ATB Matt

Thanks, I will def bring the Hornet & Holiday Buggy as I bought these as cheap buggies to run on sand, also Buggy Champ and if one E-Maxx there then 2 is more fun :angry: if Lemming could make it then all 3 again would be awesome!

Hi.

We will have a Re-re SS and Buggy Champ as they seem to keep drawing us to W-S-M, will not have too much with us as I have an aversion to running stuff in the sand, due to a lack of time these days to give many models a strip down & clean, but should have least an E-Maxx & Wild Dagger as well, might sneak another Beetle body car, if i am allowed?!?

ATB Matt

I am intending to hit the beach, southern end furthest from Town I think. I want to find a spot where I can park my truck nearby to aid charge and repair facilities.

The list of people is growing steadilly which is great, we could have us a mighty fun day out. And I am pleased to hear the car choices are wide and varied.

I am going to chuck all my runners in the truck and see what takes my fancy when there! Nice. Gonna be a blast. Best sort out some DV Tapes for the camera me thinks

Talking of birthdays its mine today!

This sounds great, never done a beach bash before! Hopefully my Holiday Buggy will be finished, I have a Frog, Hotshot, Buggy Champ, Grasshopper, Hornet, Lunchbox, Clod, Brat and a Fox. I wouldn't mind bringing any except the Fox as all the others are re- releases - racing sounds great :angry:

Happy Birthday! Any nice suprprises?

Hi.

ATB Matt

Awesome, we better book the whole beach at this rate! Theres gonna be a thoroughly impressive show on the beach.

I think we should call it the Birthday Bash!

Come party on the beach everyone! 1/10 stylee

This sound sooooooooooo good am at santa pod on sat with my son drag raceing so if its not to much for him we mite come if not will you be doin another meet in same place soon ?

This sound sooooooooooo good am at santa pod on sat with my son drag raceing so if its not to much for him we mite come if not will you be doin another meet in same place soon ?

Hey there. If it works and people enjoy it there is no reason to not do it again. It'd be nice to get a little something going.

Hows about this for a location?

Copy and Paste this Google Map link into your browser:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie...6.96,-0.053,0,0

There seems to be some reasonable access to the duned area on the curve.

Its between WSM and Burnham. Various terrain and not just flat sands

Maybe there is someone with specific knowledge of the beach there that can help? I assume you can walk through the golf club to the beach as there are tracks running down.

If you look just north of where your map is centred, you'll see an area marked Brean Leisure Park. To the West of that is a little sandy road that leads directly onto the beach. I've not been to Brean for a few years, but last time I went you could drive right down that sandy road and park up right on the beach. There's acres of flat sand, and some dunes to play in as well, although the sand on the dunes is very soft and I imagine you'll need 4x4 and big tyres to make any progress on it! (I might throw some crawler motors and the enormous Ho Bao tyres on my Dagger to see how it goes on the dunes).

I'll also bring an old video camera to see if I can get some nice scale running vids.

If you look just north of where your map is centred, you'll see an area marked Brean Leisure Park. To the West of that is a little sandy road that leads directly onto the beach. I've not been to Brean for a few years, but last time I went you could drive right down that sandy road and park up right on the beach. There's acres of flat sand, and some dunes to play in as well, although the sand on the dunes is very soft and I imagine you'll need 4x4 and big tyres to make any progress on it! (I might throw some crawler motors and the enormous Ho Bao tyres on my Dagger to see how it goes on the dunes).

I'll also bring an old video camera to see if I can get some nice scale running vids.

Oh yes, I see it, link here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie...006856&z=17

Looks spot on. Good call, great if we can indeed park on the beach. On Google Earth (the link) it shows some cars and campers on the beach. Easy to find too for those that, like me, may not know the area too well.

Has my vote, we'll have everything we need there, and its safe from the tide too.

I am looking to get there for 10am, its about an hour and a quarter from me. I have a huge Iveco Turbo Daily, Red with a white stripe. Should be easy to spot.

Hello Karooha MB, & hello everyone else.

"The Birthday Bash", I like it!.

Looks like there's some more people coming, thats great stuff!.

Funny enough, I stayed in the holiday park (Unity Farm) right opposite the entrance to the beach road last year in March. (That beach road is fine for vehicles btw, as you've already seen on Google I see. Access to the beach was open for cars in March last year, guessing should be open too on 20th Feb, but i'm not sure). I ran my Brat/Scorcher there, so i'm hoping my local course knowledge will be useful, come the race :) .

If anyone requires it, the post code for Unity Farm is TA8 2RB. That should get you right there on a sat nav, i'm hopeing.

Will try to commandeer one of my nieces bucket & spades, to help build a rough track & obsticles to bash on. Dips and bumps and turns etc..

Look forwards to meeting up with you lot.

Ross

What is the date again? (if confirmed?)

Sunday 20th Dean.

I have another couple of people coming, a Madbull, a TT01 Citroen Rally, and a SCT of some kind, so the car list gets ever more varied.

Looking lie being a good days fun, just fingers crossed the weather is kind.

I think I've grovelled enough to the wife to now be allowed to come along. Hoping to bring some vintage stuff and some more modern stuff for a bit of fun as well. There is a model shop in W-S-M but its closed on sundays. heres the link http://www.modeldiscounts.com/categories.php?id_ctg=31 Its down by the big Tescos just on the outskirts of the town. I'll be coming down from Gloucester so if anyone needs a lift drop me an email. Lets hope the weather is kind to us otherwise it could get real messy :-)

Will be nice to see old faces and meet a few new people. Looking forward to it

I think I've grovelled enough to the wife to now be allowed to come along. Hoping to bring some vintage stuff and some more modern stuff for a bit of fun as well. There is a model shop in W-S-M but its closed on sundays. heres the link http://www.modeldiscounts.com/categories.php?id_ctg=31 Its down by the big Tescos just on the outskirts of the town. I'll be coming down from Gloucester so if anyone needs a lift drop me an email. Lets hope the weather is kind to us otherwise it could get real messy :-)

Will be nice to see old faces and meet a few new people. Looking forward to it

Excellent, well done (on the grovelling). The numbers are swelling, and that is superb. If we collectively cross our fingers for nice weather it'll definitely be nice, wont it?

:P

See you there!