cobalt

Funnest Off-road Vehicule You Own?

Hello chaps

So as the title says..

For me to be the funnest vehicule it has to have the following criterias

-Durable

-Simple to maintain

-Looks good(but the not the best looker in my collection)

So whats your funnest plug and play vehicule?

Grasshopper! Not a single problem in 2 years of MambaMax 4600Kv abuse. I have melted the odd set of rear tyres on it though. Easily my most driven model.

as of now i have 2 that are my favorites they are my lunchbox that thing is so fun to drive and so fast. my other is my blackfoot ranger all original except for the msc which was replaced with a tamiya esc it is a blast to drive also.

Hello chaps

So as the title says..

For me to be the funnest vehicule it has to have the following criterias

-Durable

-Simple to maintain

-Looks good(but the not the best looker in my collection)

So whats your funnest plug and play vehicule?

For me the fun depends partially on what I'd like to drive at that moment - and the weather. For example, my Dyna Storm won't really work well in the snow, whereas my beefed up TLT-1 is perfect in those conditions - whereas the TLT-1 scores very badly on onroad surfaces so far (I've yet to test gravel). If I am planning to take a car to my friends, I want one they can drive as well (without breaking it) - that's where the E-Revo comes in - which is also a lot of fun inside a big shed/hangar kind of building (a friend of mine has access to one - we have some wood blocks stored there, which together with some plate material makes for great jumps, and the concrete floor is great fun for sliding around - whilst outdoor the E-Revo is just too slow for my liking, and a pretty boring drive too.

The most important points for me are:

- A car with character in both handling and esthetics.

- A car that gives smile on my face because of the qualities I mentioned above.

Reliability is a plus, but the Dyna Storm for example does have weak suspension blocks - and that combined with bad parts availability too! I did get stronger blocks for it (although nowadays they are more difficult to find), but taking car of the car before, during and after driving has so far prevented a lot of problems :unsure: It's just a special feeling though, driving something vintage, that needs care and attention :lol:

My Falcon, hands down. Surprisingly durable and capable. Good solid gearbox and running gear, and with a 17.5t brushless motor, LiPo 2S power and sand paddles on the back it'll climb dirt banks 4WD cars struggle with. Awesome.

Lunchbox will feature heavily in this thread but for me Wild Willy 2 wins hands down.

So much fun to drive, looks brilliant and doesn't break.

Good topic...

My honest answer, however pretentious it sounds, is my 511. Simply put it handles everything and never, ever breaks... even after 4 "packs" on a 1/8 track. Any condition, any surface, any challenge I'm happy to take my 511.

All said and done, from a fun/simplicity point of view... i.e. the "cost" factors into the "fun" ... then I still love my Top Forces' (mine are Evo's but you simply don't need an Evo for "fun", any good FRP TF will do). They're basic, easy to build/tune/maintain, simple to understand and just GO. Chuck in a good BL/LiPo setup and they're just mad fun... if something breaks, just grab a cheap replacement... now that's my definition of good fun!

Oops... I picked two... :unsure:

hopper/hornet

clod

df01 buggies

those are my favorites.

M03

DT02 Desert Gator Super Fighter with Sport Tuned 540 @ 11.1V. Cheap, fast, and nearly indestructible.

DT02_wide001.jpg

Off-road?

;)

lol if "Rally" is considered "off Road"

If we're talking more serious, I'm gonna go for the King Cab

I really love running my Wild One and my FAV, but they don´t really "get a beating", but when it comes to durability during beating, i have to say i like my Associated B4 a lot.. I have had close to no defects at all in it, and i run a Nosram ISTC esc, coupled to a Nosram Revolution 5,0 turns modified motor on Orion 4600 race cells, so i guess there´s no need to mention that it goes pretty well? LOL.

As others have mentioned earlier, i also have fun with Grasshoppers and the likes of it (Frogs etc), so i don´t really think i have a definite favourite, as they all have they advantages the way i see it, LOL. ;)

Cheers.

Michael

I sold it but will get one again soon... The answer is Wild Willy 2, absolutely fun and entertaining to drive, perfect mix of wheelies rolls and uncanny ability to land on it's wheels again! I think it is much better than the pumpkin and lunchbox. Drive a Willy Willy 2 at a park or area where people are you will draw a crowd and have parents ask how much they are... kids eyes light up!!!

James

For me it depends on what type of off-roading and where I'm going to be driving it.

Fast 2wd Bashing in the neighborhood yards, alleyways or vacant lot: Sand Viper or Stadium Blitzer

Trail or Scale in the woods: CC-01 and Axial Honcho

Rock Crawling: Axial AX10

Fast 4x4 Bashing in rough terrain: Twin Detonator

Outright abuse and high speed stupidity pretty much anywhere I can find with enough room: E-Maxx

Messing about - pretty much anyplace at all : Clod or Lunchbox, or even the Mad Bull

All of these fit the criteria for me - durable, simple to maintain, go anywhere fun. I honestly can't pick just one favorite, which accounts for a house full of Tamiyas and an empty bank account I suppose. ;)

Mine is my rere Scorcher; two types of funny

1 Never failed on me so far when I'm driving unlike every other car I have.

2 Just clean and recharge the batteries.

3 With Sulu driving and 'Bones'* as passanger on a bench seat with Brat wheels and tyres, rusty window crome and peeling window seals, it looks funny

4 Driving fast throwing up rooster tails or creeping up and down crazy inclines I'm grinning like a loon

5 Looks good to me but not my best looking

*for you trekkies out there

Mine is my rere Scorcher; two types of funny

1 Never failed on me so far when I'm driving unlike every other car I have.

2 Just clean and recharge the batteries.

3 With Sulu driving and 'Bones'* as passanger on a bench seat with Brat wheels and tyres, rusty window crome and peeling window seals, it looks funny

4 Driving fast throwing up rooster tails or creeping up and down crazy inclines I'm grinning like a loon

5 Looks good to me but not my best looking

*for you trekkies out there

Spock and Bones would have been a better pair ;)

True, but Spock failed to see the logic in driving around making patters on the ground, Bones said that he would have to be on one of his emotional trips to enjoy that one ;) Jim might convince him to do some off roading later on though.

CC01, currently wearing a Jeep body. Runs a 65 turn motor and all waterproof electronics. Realistic speed, and there isn't an inch of my backyard it can't get to.