Sign in to follow this  
fristajlo

Different Roll Bars Srb

Hi

I´m in the process of converting a rough rider chassie into a Ranger xlt. Can someone advise about the difference in height of the rollbars?

Want to try making one myself.

It woudl be easier to buy oneas you have to make the joggle and get the right size.

It woudl be easier to buy oneas you have to make the joggle and get the right size.

I would if I could find one...

Assumed it would cost a small fortune if found :) Checked ebay, but no success.

Edit: Are the front body posts the same for scorcher and ranger?

Yeah. They're the same as far as I can tell. The rear bar is something I'd try tracking down as it's got a flat bit in the middle for the rear post. The body isn't held down by an SRB clip. I didn't have to wait too long before I got a bar to fit my Ranger shell on my SRB project. They do come up quite often, or so I found when I was after one.

Yeah. They're the same as far as I can tell.

I'm sure the Ranger post is longer than the Scorcher post...

Hi

I´m in the process of converting a rough rider chassie into a Ranger xlt. Can someone advise about the difference in height of the rollbars?

Want to try making one myself.

If you can't get a Ranger front body post ,or the rear bed mount that goes onto the roll bar ,let me know and I can get them made .These are my repro's pictured

post-6741-1295800474_thumb.jpg

post-6741-1295800534_thumb.jpg

I make it:

Sand Scorcher Front post : 57.3 mm overall length,

Ford XLT Front post : 80 mm overall length.

The XLT roll bar is 80mm to the "shoulder", but there's a small 17mm post on top of that ...

The ride height of the shell on each post is about 6mm less than the overall length ... to allow for the body clip ...

Hope this makes sense ... hope you use metric ... :(

If you can't get a Ranger front body post ,or the rear bed mount that goes onto the roll bar ,let me know and I can get them made .These are my repro's pictured

You have a message!

I make it:

Sand Scorcher Front post : 57.3 mm overall length,

Ford XLT Front post : 80 mm overall length.

The XLT roll bar is 80mm to the "shoulder", but there's a small 17mm post on top of that ...

The ride height of the shell on each post is about 6mm less than the overall length ... to allow for the body clip ...

Hope this makes sense ... hope you use metric ... :(

Thank you Shay, very useful info! :) Will give it a try. If it works, great! If not, will continue the search for a proper roll bar.