moxyuk

Best Place To Buy A 2010 Sand Scorcher

Hi

Have just about got the money together to buy a 2010 sandscorcher for a runner. Was looking for the best place and cheapist to buy one from have looked on stellamodels and they are sold out and the uk car seam to be far to much.

Just need some idea's and advice

Cheers moxy

Other than any potential sellers on ebay i think wonderland still list them at 248.99, or the buggy champ rough rider at 238.99.

I've seem a buggy champ recently on ebay for £215 delivered buy it now, and another at £200 with £11 delivery and no bids.

Sand Scorchers seem to be about £30 more on ebay.

If you want to import them RCMart might be a good option, but be prepared for import duty and vat, cos with a package that size its not going to get through customs FOC.

If you want to import them RCMart might be a good option, but be prepared for import duty and vat, cos with a package that size its not going to get through customs FOC.

You'll often find the customs declaration/form filled in with lower values than the items actually have (from Hong Kong stores especially it seems, US import I received so far was filled in correctly on the customs form), so if customs hits your package, you'll often get away with a lower charge than they 'should' have given you ;)

With RCMart I must say though that their packaging jobs are not always sufficient to keep the boxes from becoming damaged (not damaged severely, but the marks are there, which is not really neat on new items - it happened to me once or twice I recall - I ordered many times from them though).

Stellamodels however does this VERY well, my TRF201 kit was packed in a bunker of polystyrene, and I've seen pictures of arrived NIB kits from Stellamodels here on TC that were packed exactly the same way :D So if you're looking for a neat kit AND a neat box, definetely go for Stellamodels. I also found Stellamodels to be active and quick to respond by email, which is also nice when ordering online.

Have been keeping a eye on a sandscorcher for £265 and a buggy champ for £200 on ebay

how many of you guys get hit for import tax on your hong kong orders

cheers mark

Have been keeping a eye on a sandscorcher for £265 and a buggy champ for £200 on ebay

If you don't mind me saying so, I think £265, even with VAT/Duty is perhaps £20 more than you need to pay.

Got one £190 total from HK . With bag and esc

Well happy now

Including P&P charges?, if so great price - could you enlighten us to where you purchased her from? - as I'm looking to take the plunge myself.

Tanks in advance and enjoy......

was from a company on ebay called captain.hobby. Have cheaked and they only have got a xb sand scorcher now

cheers mark

I can get you brand-new sealed Tamiya Sand Scorcher kits for £210 (Delivered), or Tamiya Buggy champ kit (Gold version) for less.

- Both kits would come direct from Tower Hobbies to your door. I'd use my loyalty discount, and then have the kit sent directly to you.

- You'd have to pay me via PayPal gift (so you pay the fee).